Saturday, April 12, 2014

Springtime in Balboa Park

I look forward to my Friday's in Balboa Park. It is no coincidence that the second word is "Park". It sits on Park Blvd and is probably the biggest park in American.
   I arrived at the Park at just after four. I needed first to find out a custodian would not allow me to play the
Steinway piano inside the Balboa Ballroom. I turned right on President's Way and found the Park's administration building. Inside a tellers booth, I met two who engaged in talk and a Pepsi coke. I spoke
   I am out of breath. I wished to speak to the manager of Balboa Park." The two smiled and the one on the left put down her drink.
   "May I help you. I am Mary Wiggins and the Supervisor of this Park."
   I was told last Sunday by Missing Tooth that the piano was out of bounds for me. And why would a piano sit inside the ballroom if we could not hit his keys? Also, the air conditioner did not work. I needed to leave earlier during our heat wave in San Diego.
   "Don't worry, I will let the employee know. We have had problems with the air conditioner and are aware of the problems."
   I then returned to President's Way and drove west to the parking lot opposite the ballroom. It was now four thirty in the afternoon. I felt hungry and wished to put a hallow on the day with a visit to my Happy Hour eatery, the Prado Restaurant. But I had more time to enjoy the park.
   Above me a few large Date Palms doffed their wings at me. I could not get over how majestic they looked. Up ahead I said hello to Mr. Torrey Pines Whereas the first produced beans, the second made nuts. I fell into a deep trance. I felt like a friend among friends.
   I stopped along the way and sat down at Archery Corner. I removed a few locquats from my bag and indulged. But my stomach could no longer wait. I trudged up the hill towards the Prado and entered the hospital.
   We are sorry for the inconvenience but we are closed. A waitress inside told me there would be a private party. My stomach could not be denied. It belched, "Ug...ug...bel...to you." Of course my serenity had been overruled by Big Money.
   Yet outside the Museum of Science I dropped down my canvas. I put my stuff down on a round table and marveled at the outside a circular water fountain.  I bought a Asian Chicken salad inside to satisfy my stomach.  Of course a fuller stomach put my mind to sleep. A young man interrupted my solitude.
   "You from Chicago I see."
   No, I stole the hat...My you have a good looking daughter...about two?
   "No she is eighteen months. I am wiping the water off her shirt. She jumped into the fountain."
   Well my Grand Daughter did that two years ago. She so much wished to join the fish inside the Lilly Pond. I guess you can't control kids from having fun. Where is your wife?
   "We are divorced. I get Carol four days a week and live in the North Hills area of San Diego.  I design software.

   I cut out part of this picture and now will focus on the dancing party inside Balboa's Ballroom. The party began at seven and yes I did play the piano, to the delight of other dancing friends. Of course I had a ball and was delighted to see that Christie showed up. At first I gave turned away, but who could turn away from a ravishing blond with a body out of Mars.
  I danced with a few forgettable looking damsels but wow, the one I couldn't get enough from the one from Mars. Every Time she glanced at me, I felt her candy spreading over me. I turned around to show her one of my routines and she kicked me up my ass.
  Then it happened. Just when I was about to ask her for her phone number, A tall Chinese grabbed her away from me. He took her off in the corner for lessons. The Koreans never make any mistakes. They take notes and pictures. They must get it right or else.  Istood there with chocolate covering  my face.
  Well I am not quite finished with the above dance, but wish to get away from Christie and go to today-in my next blog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment