Friday, April 11, 2014

Dyslexia Film showing at San Diego Library

I just hope there is a library in heaven, and a Ancestry.com. Where did I come from and how?
   "Good monin old man."
   That is my next door neighbor who I call Burnt Toast. He came to the 'Y' about two months ago and slept a big one off. I think we have taken a liking to each other. At first he ignored me. After my shower, I said my 'good-by's' to the old hotel. A sparrow told me it had been sold and Counsel President gave the OK'ed the deal. It could use air conditioners. Why my Target filter drowned in dirt, and what it didn't filter drifted into my nasal passages.
   I made a Bumble Bee Tuna on rye sandwich with a Roma tomato to boot. Inside the corner Seven Eleven on C Street, a homeless entered and picked up a coupon. It read one dollar off a big pizza with the purchase of a Coke or Pepsi. I bought two bananas and chips to go with my sandwich.
 
   Inside the Orange Trolley, a thin angular man entered. The bearded one held a gigantic guitar, made even bigger by his anemic looking skin and bones. He wore a white and blue bandanna and strummed a tune on his instrument. I felt relieved. Sam, the taxi man, was home and getting ready for a trip to Mexico. My daughter finally got a prescription for the dog bite and sounded happy.
   "Sorry Dad, I did not wish to alarm you. Kaiser reinstated my health insurance. They will be sending you a paper to sign in the mail. From now on, I will not pull two fighting dogs apart-especially if one is a big bull dog. Have a great day. I love you as always."
   Her voice last night was music in my ear. Now the Trolley curved around C Street and headed towards Market on Park. I got off two blocks from the library and walked towards Eleventh Avenue. I then headed south towards the entrance to the library.
    I sat on a post with the Library parking lot below me. Since Eleventh is one way going north I plotted how one could get there. It was easy. They could go south on Tenth Avenue and make a U-turn at J Street and a left to Eleventh. The entrance is only a few yards away. I asked the security guard about the parking fees.
   " Two hours are free with a library validation. It is one dollar and forty cents for each additional twenty minutes....But on game day like today, it is closed four hours before the game begins." Oh yes, the game is at seven o'clock."
   Alert: Saturday the Library is showing a film on Dyslexia. The viewing and question period will be from ten until one o'clock. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment