Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Day i

I have never felt better in my life. All of those Balboa Park dancing lessons has made me feel like Peter Pan. You might just say I feel like flying.
   I did a jig inside the 'Y's unisex shower. I broke down and opened up a new Bic razor. The old razor glided over my shampooed skin for three months. I turned on the high powered shower and pondered what today had in store for me.
   After I made love to the shower head, wiped and put on my pajama bottoms, I marched back to my cell. Two hard boiled eggs and left over tuna would have to do today. It is not much of a breakfast but I am one who lives life, and not food. Food no longer interests me.
   My Smart and Final shopping bag held my books and my breakfast. No longer do I need to back pack it today. I have simplified my life. Now that I am reaching 75 years of age, I'd rather read a good book or dance with a lovely old lady.
   The 7:30 Coaster train would leave at seven thirty. I walked to the station and climbed aboard. Those de-boarding in San Diego looked dead tired. They trudged to work hoping to make it another day. There was no rain so far-although the weather man gave it a fifty-fifty chance.
   A UT newspaper sat next to me. I could't believe the headlines. I took a double take: The City Counsel voted to have free parking for  Electric Cars Park in San Diego. A smaller headline excited me even more. I will paraphrase it.
     "The Old YMCA at 500 West Broadway will be bagged for one month. The cockroaches and bed bugs will be smoked out. After some remodeling, the first of many homeless will use the facility as their new home. There will be a on-site dentist and also doctor's  office. Also, a 12 step program will be administered by Ex-Mayor Feltmore. Old hotels will give remove the homelessness in San Diego.
      "Under consideration is to make San Diego into a four day work week City to alleviate the worsening air quality. Also, a Trolley spur to the airport is now under consideration. The one billion dollar Airport Double Deck has been a bust. The congestion at Terminal One is the worst ever."

   Well the train pulled into Encinitas Station. I found my car, Dolly, dripping wet. The light rain did not escape the North County area. The two eggs and left over tuna I finished in the front seat before the drive to the Encinitas Senior Center.
   I walked into the computer room. A lady greeted me. "My name is Hilda Fingers. I am a full time tutor. I will also take care of the printer. I was told that your privacy was at issue."
   "I had warned Lynn about a year ago that we need more transparency and a full time computer tutor. She only laughed at me and said they did not include it in the budget. Of course like lots of young gals, they are too busy with their smart phones.
   Anyone knows that a senior who knows how to handle a computer can add years on their life. Hundreds have been driven away by these idiotic servants here.
   Each computer has its own personality. That is why somebody must come and man these machines. Stress is the leading cause of heart attacks, and our downtown fools have had a hand in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment