Friday, June 13, 2014

An Early Bird at the Prado Restaurant

Every other Thursday Balboa Park offers a dance at their ballroom. A four piece band usually plays favorites of the big band era. I have attended every one - well almost Today, the 12th of June, I was walking on air. The Harper band started at one o'clock at the Balboa Bay Club on President's Way. 
   Today I wished to test my new dancing shoes I bought them in the Carlsbad Outlet of stores, and what a buy. These two toners cost only fifty dollars, and eighty percent reduction. They were a perfect fit. My ex girl friend Dolly told me she "Judges a man by how they comb there hair and the shoes they wear." 
   The Tango lessons I had learned gave me a boost to my ego. I knew that no gal could refuse this blue eyes blond-me, and they didn't. A Miss Hung walked up to my back table. She was Vietnamese with a cutest face I had ever seen. 
   On the dance floor, we played a game of bump-the-rump. I twirled her, picked her up, and let my hands fall where they may. Miss Hung was excitement and I couldn't quite get rid of her, but I did. The band played a circle dance and that is when I saw Miss Drink-of-Water in the corner. I had promised her a drink and snacks a month ago, but she needed to return to St. Paul to visit an ailing son. 
   She is a mite under six feet and here dimensions are-well we won't go there but they are nothing to write home about. She aloud me to fondle her a bit-too-much and I did take advantage. The band had begun at one and at about three thirty ended their medley. 
   Miss Drink consented to a glass of red wine and a few dips at the most romantic restaurant in San Diego. She wished to sit in the outside patio area. There were several tables outside and several huge Eucalyptus trees that reached the sky looking down on us. Her real name was Jasmine. 
   The Prado dates back to the opening of Balboa Park in 1915.  There is an historical museum, senior center, and an an array of old trains inside one of the Spanish tile rooms. There is also a gift shop and a room for tourists. The restaurant has an inside and outside patio area. There is also a fountain at the entrance 
   "George, It is so beautiful here. Let's just sit before we order..."
   The young waitress asked us if we were ready to order, after I confirmed that the dishes were half price until six o'clock. We both ordered cold water and also Pop Shrimp and chicken sticks  to go with the humus and cracker bread to go with meal. 
    "George, I can't tell you how much this means to me. The food is delicious. Have some wine?" 
    No Jasmine, I have not sipped wine ever since my two grand daughters entered the world. I need a clear head to enjoy their newborn beauty. 
    "Doesn't the pollen bother you?"  
    It will when I get home. 
    'I have never seen so many fat people in Minnesota. Every other body looked like an elephant."
    Hey what about a movie next week, Jazz? The Lunch Box is playing in La Jolla and you've got to see it with me...

    We walked back to my car and I drove her to hers. The Prado Restaurant gave me what I needed, a chance to unwind with a good friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment