Thursday, June 26, 2014

A New Pair of Shoes.

Change is in the air. and it is I, yes I. 
   No longer am I eager to rise up in the morning. I wish to kiss the morn'in fog. But not today. I love to drink the free 'Y' coffee while sitting on the stops of the re-named 500 building. Most walkers hold a Starbucks Mocha or Smoothie to get them through the day. Most look like they are going to get their first Polio shot. 
   I have noticed the first suede shoes. I saw two today, in fact one said "try me out for size". 
   I replied, "I already bought a pair of saddle shoes colored tan and brown", but have a good day anyway." 
   Five years ago, my then girl friend Gloria told me "the mark of a man is his hair and shoes." Finally, on a dare, I bought some shoes at Carlsbad Outlet Store in back of Starbucks.  The store is located on Avenue of Cars off of Palomar Road. They had been advertised for $200 and I got them for $50 and threw in another ten for black socks.  And what an investment it turned out to be. Gloria was right on! 
   Of course It dawned upon me that the rawhide was a bit stiff, until I took a good look at my feet. Of course they spoke. "Trim me or else. The shoes are strangling me." I took out my nail file and trimmed the nails. Too my surprise the shoes fit. 
   Yesterday at one thirty, I risked it. In back of the Napa car store on Encinitas Blvd is a dancing club. It meets every Wednesday from one until three. I entered and saw a problem. The 101 room had fans running everywhere. Now ow on earth could anyone with chronic asthma dance there. I paid the three dollars admission and did, just for thirty minutes. 
   Inside the room held about fifty people, from seventy until ninety. Of course I love the old wrinkled ladies. Like old prunes, their sweetness overwhelms me. Yet the one I fancied most sat in a corner and threw an  enticing smile my way.  I asked her to dance and she had already risen before I go to the word dance. She darn right strangle me. I felt like a piece of wood on a vice.  
   "Miss, where are you from?..London...Well here in America we don't crush bodies or hands...Don't you know the war is over."
    When I looked straight at her face, she still smiled and hugged me even harder. Now I did not wish to get too excited, since I had more writing to do. Her dress did reveal a small bra strap stuck outside her shoulder. She told me that her family still lives in England and she came her in the eighties. 
    There is something about an English accent that turns me on. I found English girls well grounded in the affairs of men. "Hey, what about you and me going on the Titanic back to England."
    I returned to the Encinitas Senior Center to practice Camelot on their well tuned piano. Today I felt like Richard Burton. In the key of B flat, I practiced the main song Camelot. The snow may never slush upon a hillside...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment