Friday, June 27, 2014

A Return Visit to the Scripp's Mercy Hospital.

Friday is my time to take a vacation from the computer and enjoy myself. And the best weekly vacation is at in the Hillcrest Area of San Diego.  I park my car in the disabled parking lot and head to the Scripp's Mercy cafeteria. Yesterday's afternoon dancing has given me a prodigious appetite for life. But it begins with the best little breakfast in San Diego, and what looks like a hospital where the employees seem content.
   I look over the cafeteria counter and order two scrambled eggs, a heap of spinach and two slices of bacon The cafeteria worker fills my plate with eggs and examines the bacon . She removes two lean ones the pan. I add some toast and place some walnuts inside a small round carton.
   In back of me I notice several types of pastry. They include cakes, croissants, bagels, brownies and several others. I move over to the several types of coffee and choose Columbian. In back of me are eight types of cereal including my favorite Raisin Brand. To the side of the cereal are three types of tea, herbal, green and regular.
  This time the cashier registers six dollars and change. I relished every bite. The scrambled eggs did well with the spinach. With strawberry jam on my wheat bread, I sucked every piece with flourish. In front of me was a Wimbledon teen match on a flat screen-T.V. but it was match-set-point with the best breakfast an old bloke like me could have. 
  It was eight o'clock, the time the library opened to doctors. Dr. Garrett strode in and sat down to his New York Times. To me, a breakfast is complete when I read the New York Times. After about one hour of reading, I went to their computers. I wished to research the cause of T.M.J and to see how it connects with Dyslexia. 
  I was not amazed to find out that this so-called-disability could cause many problems later on due to stress. A later E mail from my daughter approved of my find. As a reading teacher, it did not amaze me that those who couldn't read could not concentrate and were called ADD's. The lack of self esteem caused many to drop out of society. 
   Furthermore, I found people who lived in sunny countries had little Alzheimer's verses those in colder climates. I already new the Sun God cured most ills. The South American countries had little or no Alzheimer's disease. 
  At about eleven o'clock I left and but not before loading up on some delicious plumbs at Albertson's. I spent the rest of my day right here, at the downtown San Diego Library. (Not edited.)   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment