Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Carlsbad Flower Fields

The Flower Fields of Carlsbad are in full bloom, somewhat early. The hot weather caught Carlsbad by surprise when buds turned to flowers overnight. I witnessed the miracle yesterday while I drove on Palomar Airport Road on my way to Costco.
    Yesterday outdid the day before. My body now is getting accustomed to two dance lessons every week. My rejuvenated body stoked up my heart and brain. Everything felt wonderful, and for no reason - since - nothing has changed in my life except me.
    I allowed the Amtrak to do my driving yesterday. This commuter train allowed me to ease into my day. I just love Amtrak's smooth drive with a great view of God's creation. My Coaster pass had added lots of free miles on this train. I hope to get a free ride to Portland later.
    Yesterday was a productive day. I spent it at the Encinitas Computer room. After two hours of keyboard work, and a visit to Table 5 for lunch, I decided to get myself organized. I needed to put papers into my storage shed in Carlsbad. First I needed to satisfy my stomach at the Tip Top restaurant. Then I bought some vegetables at the Grand Market in back.
    "How you doing Mr. Garrett. How's the blog?"
    Your Texas juice oranges has done the trick. I feel great. As long as I buy and eat vegetables here, nothing can go wrong.
     Vince placed a fresh head of green lettuce, with a ripe tomato and onions in my bag. I could just taste the tomatoes on top of my tuna sandwich. There is nothing like fresh fruit and vegetables-some from local farmers.
     Instead of placing papers into my storage bin  across the street, I decided to drive to Costco off of Palomar Road. It was time for more Kirkland Albacore Tuna. It is only $14 for eight large cans, and each can is filled with fresh tuna. It is so fresh that my tongue unravels before the fish enters my mouth.
     Now my eyes wished to get into the act. The famous Carlsbad flowers danced in front of me showing off a bevy of gorgeous flowers. I even had to stop my car and take a picture of this unannounced event. Now with my eyes taken care of, my tongue needed a fix. I bought my eight cans of Albacore Tuna and then my stomach spoke. What about me?
   "Now George, each Polish dog is only one sixty. And make sure to add lots of mustard covered in onions. Well who in God's name could overrule my gut? I unfastened my belt and dove into the Dog. Wow what a way to end a perfect Gorgeous Day.

Nuts and Bolts for today: What we see and eat determines how we think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment