Monday, March 31, 2014

Reflections on Beverly Hills

On my last blog. I didn't mention that my stay in San Diego has restored my health and strength. San Diego shows off a different Victoria's Secret every day, and I never quite know what my plans for the day are until I take my 'Y' shower and talk to Him-being God.
   I still can't believe how Beverly Hills has changed. Why when I was a kid a century ago, It was a laid back town. You could walk across Olympic Blvd without being hit by a car. On same street, a Twentieth Century had a large screen that was used for background and the background screens were removed later on. Why I even saw Jack rabbits scurrying across in the good old days when nobody locked their front doors.
   But today I must apologize  for those who live in San Diego. The aroma of urine is mainly in downtown San Diego, and after awhile we get used to it. Of course unlike Beverly Hills, it is the home to 10,000 without a roof over their heads. One gentleman renamed San Diego Obama City.
   I fondly remember the Beverly Drive theater on the corner of Beverly and Wilshire. There was Jay's luggage and a Bath and Towel store. The story for the movie Schindler's List began in one of the luggage shops, but will try to remember his name later on.
 
 But it is a new day, one day before the First of April. I still found it hard to believe that I could not find one skate board or bike in downtown Beverly Hills. Every shop had its scent of opulence. Little Santa Monica still had several un-rented shops. That was where its Chamber of Commerce was located.
   I saw only three beggars downtown.  The same black man still hung out at Nate and Al's Deli. He knew where the money was.
   "Good morning sir."
   I have learned not to respond in favor of not disturbing my wallet. I remember eating my fresh chopped liver sandwich next to another beggar, this one white. She had a big smile on her face and held a cardboard that read, "God Bless". We sat close to each other on a small ledge outside the Crate and Barrel store.
   I spoke to my waitress and she told me there was a large contingent of Koreans who lived there now. I believed her as many took the elevator lift down for parking. Parking was a problem just like San Diego. (Not finished)

No comments:

Post a Comment