Friday, October 31, 2014

Barney's Barber Shop

The following story did not take place at Barney's. I needed to change the names of the shop and location since most Barbers are private individuals  I had left the Motel Six to visit my Barber who doubles as a shrink also. I pay three dollars for the trim and the other twelve for his therapy. 

It was my turn in his famous chair. The man before me quipped that he now looked  ten years younger at seventy five. Barber Barney trimmed his beard and head as he limped out. Now it was my turn in his magical chair.
    "Give me a trim but hit my nose and ears hard."  
  
Just then the phone rang and he had to listen to his wife who had bore him seven kids and fifteen grand-ones. He returned and told me a funny experience he had had yesterday.
     "A drunk came into my store yesterday. His head bobbed back and forth so it was impossible to provide him with a straight cut. His head looked like a checkerboard when I had finished He braced himself and stood up with a one dollar bill."
     "Don't you worry. I am going across to Albertsons for the rest of the money."
     "He zigzagged across the street mall and  entered the market. He walked out carrying a six pack of Adams beer. After cross-crossing the lot  several times, he walked inside my shop. He wanted to know where his truck was. He left and returned to Albertsons. He finally found his truck."
      I can't remember laughing so much. My entertainment was worth more than what he had owed me.

Today I felt worn out. Yet I didn't stop working on my football story. A bad accident on the 5 going North made several people stay in the North County overnight. A long line of standing cars made me sorry for those who had to pee....The next day, a long crane fell on the other lane and again stopped the traffic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment