Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Ayatollah Khomeini

I felt good at the Elisa rest stop. It had been another Santa Ana dry day. I left the passenger window open just enough to allow the beach breeze in and hear my next door neighbors inside their large van speak expletives towards each other. I never felt so good.   Mostly Latinos use Alisa not as a rest stop but for a cheap motel. And who could blame them. Another family picnicked on a table in the early morning hours. They drank wine and allowed the dog to partake in the meal. Some bring dogs for protection. 

    I entered the Motel Six at five o'clock. The desk gal already had my room number waiting for me inside a blue envelope that read, Welcome. Even a large Dennis breakfast did not allow me to defrost my igloo feeling body. The rest stop plummeted to just over fifty degrees in the early morning hours. I had not been prepared for this surge of cold. Again it felt great to sleep for about three hours with my transistor radio playing classical melodies. So at about ten o'clock I readied myself for the Encinitas Senior Center and hopefully somebody would not show up and I could eat their fish meal.
    After some computer work, I went to Table Five and met a couple that appeared as if they had just come off of a train and shuttled to Table 5-where anything and everything is said.   The dark haired man I found out was over ninety and hard of hearing. While I waited and hoped for a free fish meal, I noticed the cafe was filled to capacity. A special bus had taken them to the Lil' Oak's Cafe for this splendid fish meal.  Angel and Armand seemed out of place, that is until Angel spoke up. Of course once she began she could not stop. I will paraphrase what this young damsel of 85 had to tell Abe, Ron and Leland.
    "We are from Iran where I worked for our American Embassy-that is until 1978. I worked there for over thirty years. There was a revolution going on then. While the Shah of Iran ruled, the country was great and everyone had a great time doing whatever they wanted. They brought in this guy from France, the Ayatollah Khomeini, and gruesome things began to happen. People disappeared, their were beheadings and women needed to cover their bodies or else!
     "We tried to sell our three story home but were too late. Many Jews had taken their money out earlier, but my husband did not wish to leave. He had many relatives living inside Tehran. Also we had trouble dealing with a doctor who had stayed in our home for years."
      "The first time I left the American Embassy we could take out a few dollars. We lost our home and everything else. Luckily, my brother had a home in the  United State. and took us in. That was over thirty years ago."
       "I returned to the Embassy a year later to see my Iranian friends. Two black American soldiers told me not to worry, and that nobody could breach the Embassy walls. They did, but luckily I got out of there in time. I saw mobs and lots of shooting Some members of the police stopped me and removed my possessions except my passport."
        Her husband could not eat his food. Angel began to place the left-overs inside a carton. She enjoyed revealing her story to me. She was frail but remembered everything about her life born in Tehran.
      "I know you can't be Jewish. Are you a practicing Christian?"
      "Originally my Great Grandparents were Jewish but converted to Christianity. It wasn't safe to be Jewish. I sorely miss my house and the great life we led before Islam terrorists got in the way. It is a shame Obama did not speak out about these Islamic Terrorists earlier. Other ministers stuck their necks out."
      "Obama has masqueraded as a great president. Yet he is Islamic too!"
       "Will you be returning to the Encinitas Center soon?"
       "Well I has been awhile. I had to recover from intestinal surgery and my wings have also been clipped."
The above conversation occurred at the Encinitas Center. I stayed around long enough to get a plate of fish and rice. Now both my mind and stomach were happy. You never know who you will bump into at the Encinitas' Lil' Oak CafĂ©.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment