Monday, November 3, 2014

Love on Track Number 2

In previous blogs I warned you not to drive to San Diego. I mentioned five bad thingincluded another, waiting six hours on Freeway 5 going North. Over the water-logged weekend, I noticed an overturned crane, a crash, the cab of a truck over the dividers, and the #5 being widened. Yet I failed to mention the most important reason for taking the rails instead of driving. 

Yes, Cupid hit me right in eye on Metro-Link commuter on its way to L.A.  I bought a ticket on Metro-Link at the Oceanside Transit Center. I was about six o'clock on Saturday after a deluge of rain poured on my car at the Alisa Rest Stop, five miles north of Oceanside. The Alisa Motel is free for those who need to budget their money. 
    After a forgettable breakfast at the Transit Center Burger King, I bought my ten dollar all-day ticket at the one machine that worked. Since my motto is, "NO-DAY-THE-SAME", I knew the eight twenty going to L.A. would provide a  pristine view of the coast, after the early morning rain. 
    Across from me sat a tall angular gal skimming a Kindle tablet. Her tossed salad hair hid her large face, and just as well, I needed to relax, read, and take in the pristine view. I took up a seat with an eastern view with ample leg room. 
    The train had left the Oceanside Station on track number 2 at eight thirty, destination Los Angeles.  I lay back and removed my book about the Irish Revolt in 1920 and peered out my window. . The clouds had moved away while the train stopped at the San Clemente pier. I removed a water bottle from my knap-sack and set it beside me.  
    "Next stop San Juan Capistrano.  Don't forget your possessions The stop will be brief. Step lively, the doors will be shutting...Next stop, San Juan Capistrano." 
    The train made stops at the cities of Leisure World, Orange and Santa Ana. Then somebody tapped me on my shoulder.  
     "My kind sir, is this yours?" She pointed towards me water bottle. 
    "Yes it's mine. Guess we hit a curve. Thanks a lot." 
    The floppy disk had a face now, not too shabby for one about my age. Although she sagged in the wrong places, there was something interesting about this flash-in-the-pan. The train now neared Anaheim and out my window I saw a long beautiful rainbow. Before I could hold it back, my jabber--mouth invited her to look at the rainbow before it disappeared. 
    We shared life's special treats and from then on, we talked until the train made the Grand Central Station.  I will summarize the major potions of what she said. Anther friend told me I would make a good detective since I get to the "chase faster than anyone." Instead of her real name I will call her Diane 
    "I was married for several years and lived in the Los Angeles area most of my life. He was from Israel and wrote music. Yet, like my Mom, he was a controller. I got out of the marriage and moved to Oceanside. I live by myself in a home besides a golf course."
    "Diane, are you dating anyone now?" Of course I did not wish to waist my ammunition on one taken. 
    "No, I gave up on guys a few years ago. I am a happily retired teacher who still subs now-and-then.My name is Jane, what is yours?" 
    "My name is George and I am now in transit....I mean I live in motels and outside until I find a gal with a big house and willing ears. I love to write and play the piano."
    "Well, I dabble in piano myself and have one for sell. Also I had a bad experience renting a two years ago. I belong to a sea of singers who call on Assistant Living Centers  and also to those on the footsteps of death. I go with a few others to brighten lives before the end comes.."
    The train left Norwalk and soon took the circular route to the train station. Graffiti painted an bright colors told me the Grand Central Station was ahead. 
    "What are you reading. I see you like books and enjoy writing. Here is my card. Call me anytime. I can't remember having more fun on any train." 
    I remained on the train a awhile longer allowing the rest to fight their way down. I too have never had a more interesting conversation anywhere or Time. Just Maybe Cupid hit me on Track Number Two-and just at the right time. 
    s but now 

No comments:

Post a Comment