Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TMJ and Paxil

As strange as it seems, three ladies I know came down with TMJ because of the disorder, dyslexia. The anxiety of the disorder that causes letters to be seen upside down, backwards, or in different order is no longer being ignored. But the damage has been done.

In my case, a family member had this anomaly in grade school. Her grades were never higher than an 'F'. The stress from it caused her Kaiser doctor to order heavy does of the drug Paxil. It handled the anxiety but also caused her teeth to grind....After twenty years, she lost them all and also jaw pain so severe she needed Botox treatments.
   On the internet at the Encinitas Senior Center, this information came out as early as 2002. Yet all the doctors could do was apologize. Two other girl friends also had Dyslexia and both were given drugs and hence TMJ.
   I taught reading for many years in East L.A. At the time, I knew that the whole word approach worked for many and for other phonics. Unknowingly my reinforcements worked in teaching the Dyslexics to read. Groups reading aloud had a big impact on my successful reading program. 
   And what a shame our health and educational system does not look for a cause but to nullify the systems.

 As you can see, I am back in Carlsbad where the pure air from the Pacific has upgraded my mind, unlike the heavy air inside Sa n Diego. I had a croissant tuna at Linda's ice cream earlier and enjoyed the beach scene at her small ice cream parlor. But I am looking forward to tomorrow.
  Tomorrow is fudge Wednesday at the Encinitas Senior Center's  Li'l Old Oak CafĂ© . It will be served up with meat loaf and gravy. I just love it there since they tune the piano every month for me. This is the right time to beach it at Moon Light State Beach.
  And I can't forget to go to the Midas Touch dance auto parts store off of Encinitas Blvd.    A  DJ plays fifties and sixties music to old timers who have not lost their edge to swing it to their favorite tunes. The fun begins at one o'clock and a donation of three dollars is all you need. Somehow I like not living in an apartment. It is too boring and regulated.\
Had a great sleep last night. Yet the African disease Ebola took over the brand new T.V. screen. I am glad I was born here rather than darkest Africa. Not only do I wash my hands every second, but I wear gloves to turn on the T.V. No longer will I entertain thoughts of visiting Portland by air. I will train it. 
  The London company that packages Paxil has been sued by over 90,000 people. Almost all of my daughters teeth and jaw problems can be traced to high dosages and overuse by a Kaiser Psychiatric doctor. On the stock exchange, the company is worth over 35 billlion. 
  Kaiser doctors treat ailments with drugs. and I am sure Kaiser get a good kick back. Instead of finding the cause of the problem like anxiety, they mask it with medication and a shorter life span.  
  Well got to go to the Midas Touch for dancing now. Can't wait to see how many 'beauts' will entertain me. From there will entertain an Assistant Living Center. By-by.

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment