Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Lucky Star Ballroom Has Reopened

Tonight, tonight, I will shake my legs at the Lucky Star Ballroom on 55th and University Avenue. Thursday night dancing will resumes tonight - and if the one hundred or more show up again, the rest of the year.   I will leave the Old Town Commuter lot at about six and take the 8 Freeway all the way to College-and go south on College until University Avenue. It is about a fifteen minute drive.
   The Only on Thursday  fourteen piece band is easily worth the price of admission, ten dollars. During the summer months they stage a concert at Balboa Park. They will play the music of Harry James. Benny Goodman. and the Tommy Dorsey.
   From six until seven the Moonlight Sonata orchestra practices. But at seven, they begin with the Moonlight Sonata. Two years ago I saw a gorgeous gal who reminded me of my Argentine girl friend many moons ago. She wore a see-through embroidered blouse and her sexy moves on the dance floor floored me. Unfortunately , I gripped her hand too hard and broke it. She never forgave me.
   At about nine o'clock I leave and backtrack to the 8 freeway. The late Mr. Blue returns me to the Santa Fe Station and I walk the two blocks to my YMCA cell relaxed - and too tired to think.
   Also at seven o'clock on Fridays and Sundays, Balboa Park teaches various dances. Sometimes I watch and learn. The lessons are only five dollars, but for joiners, they are twenty a month. You take a left to get there from Presidents Way off Park Blvd.
   I try to park my car at the Old Town Commuter station at night. Overhead is the 5 freeway. It enables me to mingle with others and give me legs a chance to air out.


No comments:

Post a Comment