Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Rainy Day in San Diego

Rain drops kept falling on my head, but I didn't mind. No umbrellas for me-what the hell, I needed a cold shower anyway.
   I stopped off at the corner Seven Eleven for my two bananas to go with my toasted fig jam earlier and took-up my corner table at Starbucks. I put down my Dickens book and bought a tall coffee. My air filter never felt so good. With the five o'clock rain I felt alive-for the first time in quite a while.
   Outside a large blanket walked back and forth. I recognized the lady under her wet blanket. The other day the angular six footer played cards inside this coffee shop. She carried a cane and flashy scarf. She also carried several bags for her possessions.
    Two T.S.A. workers sat in front of me. They played with their smart phones and cradled their coffee. Like most of the transit safety workers, the spend more time examining their cell phones, than making sure San Diego is safe.
   "We no got pay enough", I overheard the heavy T.S.A lady remark. She didn't look happy. The black blob barely extricate herself from her seat. She slipped in two more sweeteners and sat down again. I got up to get to my early Coaster train. T.S.A. workers sip or eat when not scanning their cell phones. It is seldom that I see them guarding our city.
   Like my Dickens book, it was a dark and bleak day by the Harbor, yet my lungs didn't mind it one bit. The clean air made my mind work like a new-born-babe. Now inside the commuter Coaster train, I sat in the mezzanine or middle section of the train. A heavy set man sat in the next booth. His ears wore several silver rings and his waist owned too many pockets of fat.  Another Coaster client sat across from him.
   "How ya doin, missy?"
   "I don't know how I made it from La Mesa. Had to drive sixty to catch this train."
    Again the heavy weight is front of me sang to her about of all things, cats.
    "My wife's parents had to  move. We've got other cat now, which make two. This cat does not let me alone."
Well with all that jabbering, I decided to move below deck. I need to read in a quiet atmosphere. I asked the conductor about the new weekend schedule. My mind split time with my Dickens book. I wished to see how long each toilet break took. A blond walked in. It took her ten minutes to leave to the approval of another gentleman. (A bright outside orange light beam when it is occupied.)
   I asked the conductor about the Amtrak's weekend schedule. A trains notice told us Amtrak would not be running the rails over the next two weekends.
   "We just heard the news. Since it is raining, Amtrak has decided to wait until next week to work on the rails" I certainly hoped he was correct. I like the take the train to San Juan Capistrano to see my two grandchildren. It takes up too much time to get through San Clemente.
   The train spilled me out at the Encinitas commuter station. No, no umbrellas for me while I walked to my car.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment