Friday, February 21, 2014

On-Line-Dating - Phew!

My God! The loud one is coming toward me. What does she want with me? The big boobed tall blond gal takes up a chair and faces me.
  "There is something about you I like. She touched one leg - it felt good. Why do you sit in the back of the ballroom? You are too good looking for the rest of us?
   I had heard the blonds voice an hour earlier. She stood holding a cell phone in front of the Lions Club ballroom and overheard her conversation. "I told you we are through. After six months of this, I need a life. Never call me again."
   It was break time and eight o'clock. I was at the old Lucky Star Ballroom on University Avenue. The fourteen piece Moonlight Sonata Orchestra had just finished playing their first set of the big bands greatest hits. That is when Natasha came over to excite my tired body. I already had danced several times with Ruth. She had left her "couch potato at home since he falls asleep at seven."
   "I wish to know more about you, Mr. Blue Eyes. What is that about you that makes me with you and all men after a few drinks?"
    I am a writer.and like to sit in the back to take it all in. Besides, most of these so-called ladies look like old Edsel Fords ready for the junk heap. Why do you need to drink?
    "I have been married four times and had six others propose marriage. They bore me unless I am liquored up. You excite me."
     Let's dance
    "I don't know how." I led her to the dance floor for a slow one. She threw her cheek up against mine and kissed me on my neck. Her's and mine were now one. I led her back to my table, perspiring more from excitement than the dancing.
     "I am always excited, but need a drink to swallow up the men...Now don't leave. I will be back."
    A mambo now was played. Too excited now, I left for Ruth. She wore an average looking black dress and wore no perfume. Her face seemed tired and plain until I held her in my arms. Her angelic smile caught me off-guard. She had moves a cobra would have been jealous of. I tired to follow, but gave up. I wanted to get into those hips of hers.
    "What do you do? Are you retired." She told me she made things out of clay and gave lessons at her studio from La Mesa. She also had two daughters the age of mine. She gave me her address and I led her to her seat.
   I finished my bottle of Damsel water and decided to make my way home the same way I had come. I like to touch, see and talk before I date - no on line dating for this 74 year old buck I drove a few blocks east on University Avenue and made my left on Collage. I zigzagged a few curves and made my turn on the 8 on ramp going west.
    It took me only ten minutes to park my car Dolly at the Old Town commuter station and get on Mr. Blue back to downtown San Diego. A man at the Amtrak depot looked worried.
    "I wish to get to Oceanside. How can I do that?"
     Well you are too late for the nine o'clock Amtrak. It already left. But there is an Amtrak bus that leaves the station a little after ten.
     He thanked me and later I saw him again on Kettner. I gave him my blog and crossed across the street for my hotel, the "Y'.
    For two hours I just couldn't sleep. I thought about my two new women in my life and headed for a long cold shower at eleven o'clock. No, there is no on-line-dating for me. I deal with the real world, not the electronic one.  

    To my blog followers, everything that happened is true, but the names and their descriptions had changed to avoid legal action. I have a photographic memory - not bad for one heading to 75. The band will play again next Thursday It is called the Moonlight Sonata.
   
 

2 comments:

  1. I need to stick to dancing now. The outside air quality is bad for one with asthma The more I dance and walk, the more my blood pressure drops. Today at Ralph's Stay-healthly is was 122/75. The fact that I walk and take buses, trains, and trolleys has placed more money in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stick to dancing now. The outside air quality is bad for one with asthma The more I dance and walk, the more my blood pressure drops. Today at Ralph's Stay-healthly is was 122/75. The fact that I walk and take buses, trains, and trolleys has placed more money in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete