Friday, December 13, 2013

San Diego Library Revisited

   Today I felt like taking it easy. Yesterday afternoon, I danced with some wonderful seniors at the Balboa Bay Club off of President's way and Park Blvd. Tonight, the 12 piece Moonlight Sonata reappears to play the oldies and goodies. I have saved for the ten dollar admission and I admit it is well worth it. This morning I could bend down and secure my belt.
   I began the day having a burrito at the courtyard of the County Court Building. The four dollars was worth it and gave me the energy for the rest of the day. The Orange Line Trolley took me the rest of the way to the open-aired nine story new San Diego Library.
   Delighted I could use anyone of the 145 computers for two straight hours. I entered my library card number and then pin. At first I did the reverse but soon got the hang of it. Since it was nine thirty, it was quiet as I worked on my San Diego blog.
   San Diego will hold its Balboa Park one hundred year Centennial on August of 2015, and I hope to make it a trip of a lifetime for tourists from all over the world. The library will be one of my many can't miss places to enjoy.
 
   After about one hour, I ended my session but kept my unused minutes. I desired to read the microfiche of the evening 30's Tribune. I did for about one hour. The microfiche machines and books on San Diego were in the penthouse housed on the ninth floor. Was I dreaming or on a vacation. I left only to eat my rye-breaded- tuna sandwich and take a snooze. The large basket like seats put me at ease as I digested some sliced celery and drank water from my thermos.
  There are study areas and eateries a block-a-way. The third floor has stacks of old periodicals as well as the latest edition. Well, that is all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment