Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Belmont Shores Christmas

   "Nothin could be fina then to cruise on a Amatrak lina in the mor-r-r-nin" 
    The lyrics to the song are almost finished and the melody is from another song about South Carolina.  Sorry reader for this spurt, but I love the San Diego rails.  I never know what my mind will hum on a different track.   
    Today is Christmas Day -- the day Baby Jesus was born. It is the day Jesus was born. I would celebrate it by visiting my two daughters in Belmont Shores, California. The Amtrak eight o'clock special awaited me. This was Christmas. My gifts were Allison and Olivia. Allison would be opening packages for the first time  
    I left my humble cell at the Broadway 'Y' at about eight o'clock. I had a breakfast of leftover beans, a toasted jam spread, and two seven eleven bleached bananas. I walked over to the Sana Fe Station and heard the #567 bellow, "Merry Xmas George, glad you made it to 74."
    My Compass Pass was good on this Amtrak. It took about thirty minutes to arrive at the Encinitas Station where I had parked my car. I followed a line of about fifteen onto a back car. My Coaster pass was my ticket to the Encinitas Commuter parking lot. My little compact Dolly waited for me there.
    My car asked me it needed more water and gas. The Vallejo Gas Station took care of her needs, and she jumped on the five towards Long Beach to the beat of a Chopin tape. I arrived there at nine o'[clock and saw the most beautiful sight. I walked across Park Avenue to their dwelling.
    
   A Lovely Olivia pushed her face up against the dining room window. She spotted me and gave me such a smile my legs wilted. Derik opened the door. At the dining room table sat my number one daughter with the three year old, Allison. 
   A too busy Allison was sucking Mom's bottle milk. Her blue eyes were closed to enjoy the white juice. Then she laid eyes on me. For a few moments, her eyes wavered. 
  At first, she didn't know what to make of me. Then a genuine smile covered her face and the bottle fell. Olivia, with her brand new blue dress came up to me. 
   " Grandad, look what I got." She showed me two small figurine horses. "They are beautiful aren't they?" 
   "This is her first Christmas where Alison would open up her presents. We bought her a bike at Target." replied her Dad Derik. 
  My daughter and Derik looked exhausted. And they should have been. All Day, My poor daughter had been pumping milk all day. Baby Allison had slept for only two hours at a time.
   I went to Main Street for pick up. We had a chicken, rice and a kit more for lunch. I filled up my stomach. I needed it for the long drive home. 
   Derik needed another nap. I slipped out and returned to Dolly. It felt good to have spent time with my new loved and lovely grand daughters. 
  
   The one hour trip was uneventful. At four o'clock, I played some volleyball at Moonlight Beach until my five thirty train ride back  to beautiful San Diego arrived. Now my life had been fulfilled finally. I had never felt so serene. Tonight I loved everybody. 
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment