Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Moonlight Beach

Since I have walked inside God's shoes, I never quite know what the new day will bring. I thought that downtown San Diego would be my next stop, but that was until I landed homeless in the North County. Hell, I enjoy the Encinitas piano, their lunches, dances, and above all Moonlight Bay in September. 

To nickle and dime it, I felt scared as hell to stay at the rest stop again. But I did three times so far...and lived to tell about it. It is not that bad-like yesterday. Yesterday, I took my worn out body to the Moonlight State Beach for rays of vitamin D. In fact, my torn mind ached for this popular vitamin. We know now that the lack of can contribute to the Big A. (Alzheimer's) 
   I took my umbrella and beach chair on a small hill overlooking the sea. With loads of sun screen and an umbrella as my roof, I felt shielded from the one o'clock sun. Yesterday was the day to be at the beach. The large parking lot that hovers over the beach was almost empty. It felt good to relax under the right temperatures. And the May and August humidity is a thing of the past. 
   Perhaps it had been God's will that kicked me out of Los Angeles, but I know now he had greater plans for me. He told me to forsake the motels and save my money by sleeping at the Rest Stop just outside of Oceanside. And who am I to disagree with Hashem?
   I felt proud to have continued on course and now have football pictures inside my book. Hell, Schindler still lives at 97. Even my ex gal Stella awarded me with a kiss and hug. Things are all not that bad. 
   Just for today, I had a Tri-Tip steak, baked potato, sliced pears, cake, vegetables, milk and plenty of good company. It was a meal fit for King George. I am about to leave here and have some Lentil soup at the Tip Top restaurant in Carlsbad and from there go to the library to read the New York Times. 
   There is something about living in the open that reminds me of a time that Moses walked in the desert for forty years and didn't complain once. Like Moses, I wish to see my promised land. Well got to go now, it is time for me to dine and read more books before watching the sun set at the Anza Rest Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment