Friday, September 12, 2014

The Santa Ana's have arrived, and how!

Santa Ana is now sending his revenge for having Sam Houston make Northern Mexico, Texas. The vigilante winds are blowing across Southern California and me with no A/C in L.A. 
    Last night I found a old Penicillin pill and threw it inside my mouth. It did the job of removing bacteria from my air filter. Bacteria swarm inside me when the ozone shoots up or dust gets inside. They live off of fowl air and we harbor too much of it. 
    Last night, my daughter greeted me with a happy surprise. I had just returned from Century City's Gelson's Market and the upstairs cafeteria. I enjoy watching these dames grabbing a number and picking out the choicest meats. It has got to be the biggest part of their day. For me, the good news is that I get my ticket stamped for three free hours of parking. But back to my daughter. 
    "Dad,just got finished reading some of your short stories. I enjoyed the ending of "The Beggar", It was probably you who had stolen the Rabbi's wife." 
     "You got it daughter. I need to supplant Stella with one who can fondly hold my hand. Did you enjoy the fruit drinks from Costco? My daughter has trouble eating and sleeping do to a incompetent medical error." 
    But getting back to Costco. Culver City was just vacant land and a few homes when I came into this world in the forties. Now this large store takes up several blocks on the north side of Washington Blvd. I bought a large lot of paper towels along with a pair of pants. I even treated myself to a large pizza and Pepsi. 
    There was only one glitch, trying to leave the parking lot. Remember the days of bump-cars at the neighboring amusement park? Some guy in a sports car shouted at me. 
    "You, f... old man. Can you move our f... old beat up car?"
     "I am going to get out and knock the living..." At that point my higher power took over. I told him he can't spoil my day when the fault is the 'f....women up ahead of me." 

The Beverly Hills library is just what I need. It gives two free hours of parking and charges one dollar for each thirty minutes over. The computers are first rate and I don't mind paying a dollar/an hour for more time. Even the print machines I am learning to navigate.  In the next year or so, I will compete with other short story writers like Wilma Cather and Bret Hart. 
     Got to go to Kaiser Cadillac now. My daughter needs me to make an appointment for glasses....Well I'm back and made the appointment for her next Tuesday. 
     Kaiser has changed to a stock yard of cattle, no longer the local facility of forty years ago. I needed to reorder asthmatic medication. Wheel chairs, walkers and canes puddled the front entrance. 
     Latina caregivers pushed the chairs along to a waiting car or van. Inside the first floor pharmacy, hordes were in line to pick up or order a prescription.  Luckily, my San Diego doctor did not need to be called to fill my order. I decided to go to the basement's cafeteria. 
     I was not alone. The hospital workers jammed my elevator and pushed and squeezd to be the first out. Yes, your wright, it was chow time. Most ran to the cafeteria for food, glorious food. 
     Since I eat to live, I felt no need to hurry. Blond tints are in. Just about all of the workers had blond in their hair. I still find it funny to hear a blond Latina speak in Spanish. 
     I met one of my ex high school friends, now in a wheel chair. Joe made the mistake of not having his colon checked and now has to suffer for it. 
     
S

No comments:

Post a Comment