Friday, September 5, 2014

Trip to Beverly Hills Library

I woke up refreshed in a West L.A. Daughter again had a severe migraine last night-not easy to stop her monologue. Yet I slept around the clock and dealt with her T.M.J. in a dream. Took a shower, shaved and kissed my daughter good-by. Up the street sat Ralph's.  It felt great to wake up with my daughter lighting one up outside. Her dog Oscar did not bark. He barks less, bows and surrenders to me.
   I walked up the street to Ralph's expecting to see my Mom Edith with her warm smile. The deli made a pastrami sandwich for me. I purchased grapes and two rolls. Bought another coffee at the inside Starbucks. "Hey Trisha, will put you in my blog." Her radiant Starbucks smile radiates mine.
   The counter gives me time to eat and mediate over a L.A. Time , and  flashbacks of my Mom Edith shopping here. I speak to her even today. Her smile is mine.  She was forever buying barbecued chicken and Farmer John Bacon. Just can't get over how my Mom always smiled, no matter what -- even in the five cancer years. Now hers graces mine-thanks Ma.
     The #14 waited for me on the corner of Pico and Beverly Drive. Mom often washed her car on the corner. Fifteen minutes later it picked me up. No longer did the bus have a cord to pull. Instead there was a large button to press when you wished the bus to stop.
    The Pussy and Pooch pet store sat on the corner begging for a treat. Why it took up most of Li'l Santa Monica Blvd. The desk told me the lavish pet store had been here more than one year. I continued my walk through Beverly Hills City Hall.
   It is great to see no homeless,  as San Diego is littered with them. Also the air is drier and freer to roam. No tall buildings can keep the air from flowing. It is great to have visions of Edith and Harry. 10,000 homeless saturate the streets of San Diego.
   The computers at the Beverly Hills Library are quiet. Guess that only one hour limits the number of homeless. that enter. I love it when it is so quiet, quite unlike the San Diego Libraries. I am in my element when I can do quiet computer work before exiting for life on the other side.
   I then walked down Little Santa Monica and made a right turn on Beverly Dive. Coffee Bean sat across the street next to the Paley Center. On my side were Starbucks and of course, Nate and Al's. Now outside dinning graced Beverly Hills Iconic restaurant. Last time I ate their King gave my gal Gloria his autograph.
  An elevator and the Crate and Barrel store butt up against these stores. A few misplaced homeless sat and counted their pennies.
   I cost me about eleven dollars for a small container of chopped liver, and a sliced seeded rye. It was worth it. At a round outside tale at Starbucks I enjoyed the spread. A Star-Line tour bus waved its hood to me while tourists took my picture. Coffee Bean across the street becomes more crowded when the sun sits at three o'clock.  
   A green light cross-walk took me to Gary's. A security guard looked me over. Rolex watches were featured in a window box outside. Gary's, unlike the sixties, focused on jewelry and not supper wear. A display of dazzling jewels made me place my shades on.
   I bought my self an Urbana Bagel from next store. It began, so my gal Gloria told me, in Montreal Canada. She bought out the store moons ago.
   A money exchange store had newly opened, and also on the west side of the street were the headquarters of M.G.M. On the wall was a picture of Ambrose Schindler, inside a tin suit. He doubled for Alex Haley in the Wizard of Oz. (Not finished or edited)

No comments:

Post a Comment