Monday, November 25, 2013

What a View, the San Diego Library.

"Sir, the library is closed. You need to leave." It took me a moment to collect my thoughts. It was five o'clock Sunday. I entered at one o'clock and obtained a library card. I had fallen asleep in one of the many leather baskets overlooking San Diego's Harbor scene.
   I had been relaxing viewing the  Coronado Bridge, and Eastern San Diego. I felt i could shake hand with Logan and Sheridan Heights. Through the open air windows I saw the Golden Hills area, where Ambrose Schindler, the football player grew up. .
  It was November twenty fourth. I had taken the day off, and  decided to take the day off for my beleaguered bronchial tubes. This years flu shot almost had put me under. The new library offered me all the [pure air and free view I needed. It became my rehab center.
   I packed a turkey sandwich and caught the Orange Line out of American Plaza, a block from the 'Y'. I descended at the Market and Park stop and walked the two blocks to the new library.
  I was desperate for a library card and was told to fill my application at a special terminal to my right. It took a few minutes, and from there a worker punched out a brand new card. I wished to work on my blog and see how the computer system was working.
  The openness and view from anywhere in the library put me in a trance. I could not get the large windowed computer to work on the third floor and another patron showed me how. I did not need my glasses since the screen was so large.

   Spaced only two feet apart sat the over-sized new computers.  The middle aged man next to me was checking out pictures of ladies, It was some type of a dating service. Across from me, two young ones were checking out each others anatomy. They used the time to kiss and cuddle. I felt envious but wondered why the librarians these visitations by minors.
   Circling me kids frolicked playing tag. A tour leader showed the many perks of the new library. Yet nobody could keep me from my task to work on my blog. I felt happy my flash or thumb drive worked. The lady at the desk did not understand me when I asked her the procedure to print. When she did, she told me the printers were not working.
  The lady at the desk knew little about computers, as well as the English language.When my two hours of allotted time was up, I walked to the stack of periodicals and grabbed a Newsweek for 1941. So relaxed i was the letters and stories about the German invasion of Russia jumped up at me. I could have stayed there all night
  I  tried to use the restroom on the third floor but there was a line. There was only one urinal for  the entire floor. Those that built this utopia probably forgot that we humans need to use the bathroom, now and again. I then left and exited to Park and Market. The train returned me to the All American Plaza.
  My day was not over yet. I saw replays of the Charger victory over Kansas and unfortunately turned off the TV before the New England game was over. They came back to beat the Broncos. I slept like my thumb drive scoring a hit with every dream. 
   
   
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment