Friday, November 22, 2013

Another Beautiful Day in San Diego

   Well, the flu shot did not kill me, yet. For the first time in over a week and a half, I woke up with my eyes open. I began reading my book about Queen Katherine Parr, the six wife of King Henry the Eighth.
    Well, you have guessed it. In my 74th year,I finally fell in love. Her name is Barbara and is related to King Henry through the Green family. But that is another story. Her dainty face looks just like Queen Cathy, and like me, she plays the Encinitas piano by ear. We eat lunch  together at Table 5 at the L'l Oak Cafe.
   Earlier that morning,  I made two sandwiches, a tuna and salami. Earlier I  bought two bananas and Tropicana orange juice from the Seven Eleven on the corner, and a Bic razor. It was now six o'clock. I needed to place my sandwiches and bananas inside my knapsack. I left the Y feeling exuberant. That is what a good book does to me. I turned 'Pissers' corner and strode across India Street on my way to the Santa Fe Station. (The homeless use the back of the dumpster for their toilets.)
   It was now six ten. The Tijuana Blue arrived. A few domestics jumped off and followed me to the Coaster Train. The laborers and domestic needed to buy a ticket from the machine across from an Amtrak train on track two.
   I entered car one and finished my Tropicana orange juice. Old Town arrived, the fist stop for the commuter train. I got off and walked to my car. It must have showered over night since my little Cavalier flashed back at me.
   I left the Old Town Commuter lot at about six forty, and found my way to the 5 freeway by way of Rosecrans and headed north to Encinitas. At exactly six forty five, the traffic purred along with no hitches. Every car was going over seventy except one. She went sixty and I had to change lanes without shouting at her. I was glad it was not raining.
  I felt like a new born babe with clean oxygen entering my body. What a shame it can't rain everyday.  My exit arrived and I pumped ten dollars worth at a gas station. Even my car's windows did not need to be wiped. The black dust that hangs over San Diego and all of its satellites is the worst in the United States. The high pollen count and humidity make the cities hostage to this cancerous disease since our immune system breaks down.  
The Encinitas Senior Center opened at eight  and I put my book down and entered. I began to write the above story when another on a computer eight shouted, "Somebody did not log off....I can't get my e mails."
It is a joke. Those in control of the commuter center give the seniors a low priority when it comes to fixing the computers. Just wait until the next elections. In the next  hour, I would be seeing the love of my life, Barbara and enjoy her graceful way of showing off her charms. And her piano playing of the Hallelujah Chorus is breathtaking.
   Like I said, It is another beautiful day in San Diego where the old become young again for at least another day.   


No comments:

Post a Comment