Monday, November 18, 2013

Election Day is Tuesday.

   Sixty died on the streets of San Diego last year. There are ten thousand homeless sleeping on the streets of San Diego.
   I first confronted Black Death about one year ago. To get to the Grinder Coffee Shop on Front and G Streets, I had to walk over a black body huddled a few feet from a store front. I sat down and slowly allowed my Mocha drink to pick me up. A heard a wailing siren in the distance. The sound pierced my ear as the ambulance got close. Then there was no noise, except for my lips lapping up more of the pick-me-up.
   The corps, like all corps, looked too black. This one at least still had shoes to cover his feet. Many remove their flip-flops in order to scratch the dead scales off of their lizard looking feet. Within a few minutes, the Hurst left with its body.
    The other San Diego awakens at night or early morning. Ralph's shopping carts, bicycles tied to a wagon, or luggage pullers walk up Broadway. Nary a Mexican or Chinese person can be seen in these parades. All are a bleached white, or black. Some speak to no-one, and others scream "s..t" or "f..k" to everyone within a one mile radius.
    Do any one of the four candidates speak about the homeless problems in San Diego? They only care about their constituents. A Mr. F... a month ago felt proud he got an easement for his La Jolla group of residents. Does he or the others walk the precincts of downtown San Diego.
    "Brother can you spare a dime?"
    "Not today, but ask me when my check arrives."
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment