Thursday, November 21, 2013

A San Diego Thanksgiving

   Every Day is Thanksgiving for me. San Diego has provided me with a new life. I have gotten rid of most of the turkeys in my life stick with those with Godly connections.You might call me a Godaholic, even though it does not exist in Mr. Webster's dictionary.
   That's right. I don't drink, smoke or even caddy to the softer sex. For me give me that old time religion. I visit the Immaculate Conception Church every Sunday. At the end of the Sunday Mass, a reverend provides a cookie to eat. It must have something to do with Jesus Christ, but I do it. Also, we say "hello" to each other.
   Just like a transistor radio that needs its antenna turned in a more powerful direction, the closer I come to God, the more I need less control. I have many people to be thankful for. On the top of my head comes Mr. Singleton, then Eddie, Barbara, Horst, Abe, Ron, David, Thomas and a host of others.
  It was Mr. Singleton who told me to remove salt, sugar and coffee in my diet. His blood pressure at Ralph's registered 110/70, while mine was 170/110. That was about two years ago. Mine is now 120/80, and that is after having a flu shot.
   Eddie provided me with direction during turbulent times. I can still hear his voice utter, "George, don't react. George, a psychotic does the same thing over and over with the same result. Say Goodby Hazel.
    Table 5 at the Encinitis Senior Center provides unconditional love during lunch times. Barbara is related to Katherine Parr, the sixth wife of King Henry the Eight. She plays a wicket piano Horst one of a handful who survived a Auschwitz death march at the end of the war. I am writing his and Barbara's sagas, if God permits me..

  Most of all, my connection with my family is tight. I now have a new addition to the Jewish Line of Goldberg's. It is Allison, who has joined Olivia. I hope to take my three year old to see the Nutcracker Sweet playing at the Speckles theater up the street on Broadway.
   Since my pockets are threadbare, and I need to make things simple. I will visit my blind brother in an Assistant Living House. He looks forward to a Thanksgiving with his brother George. 

No comments:

Post a Comment