Friday, January 31, 2014

Does Anyone Speak English?

San Diego is a Tale of Two Cities. The other city does not understand English.
   Today I left the roaches, spiders and bed bugs behind and drove to North County. My first stop was a Kaiser-walk-in. I was out of my thyroid medication. I walked up to the receptionist who happened to be Asian, and probably brand new to this job.
   I had made love to five cock roaches so besides exhaustion, I could not breathe. A can of Radar Cockroach stood on my desk. But the cockroaches didn't give a dam. My bronchial asthma took sound beating. 
   Since the El Loco Hotel as one referred to the downtown "Y". 
   I" need to get a refill for my thyroid medication.
   "What kind you want?"
   I need a refill.She looked at my Kaiser card and spent too much time on the computer.
   "You time not up...you have more pills. Me ask pharmacist.

   Just then the young pharmacist left to speak to someone.
   Do you understand English?
   Another pharmacist chimed in.
   "You don't mean that?" She intimated that I had been rude, and rude I  meant to be. You see I could not breathe and didn't need any more stress.
   I left but returned to apologize. A tall young man then butt in.
   "You must have been the one...Why  I am a man and will honor any women..."
   Well I didn't need any confrontation with one forty years younger. I declined his invitation for a dual.

   The pharmacist guided me outside. She revealed to me that the "Union had hired Minos Peng. I didn't hire her, it was the manager that did-because the Union forced her."
t it was the manager who had hired her.
   I know with Obama Miss-Care all hospitals have cut back at least twenty percent. No longer do i get a call from my doctor and when i do, the speaker speaks Spanglish. They seldom understand a word say and often misinterpret my message."
  Well since my time is almost up at the Carlsbad computer, I will terminate my conversation by telling you that one phone caller told me my PSA count was 15-which meant I should have been dead by now.
   

   
  
t
  

No comments:

Post a Comment