Thursday, February 7, 2019

My Trip to U.S.C.

Exhausted but happy to have made it to downtown without taking the  . te No longer this year cam I take the Long Beach Blue Line to Los Angeles, since it is being scuttled for a better one.  Yet those who chose to fix the train might have done better to fix the behavior of many of its riders who who jump on and off the tram to Los Angeles without paying. 
   On Wednesday, I took a different line. The #460 Metro took me downtown with only one glitz. I picked it up on La Palms after connecting from the #33. It took one hour and everything went perfect as the longer bus circled Alondra, Artesia, Norwalk and made touched on Firestone now and then.
    A tall black middle aged drunk came on board at the Norwalk Transit Center. He cussed and hollered for the next twenty minutes. The smell of alcoholic fumes made me want to change my seat but there was none available. Instead I looked at our white washed mountains. Every time the train headed in an easterly direction, I could almost touch the white snow cones.
     The 460 marched on through the commercial zone. Tracks and trucks competed for space as the 460 jumped on the Five and ran along its own Harbor Freeway lane until it got to San Pedro Street. We passed Staples and its host of stores and made a right on Figueroa on to Sixth Street where I got off.
    So bitterly cold, my head felt separated from its body. Icicles hit my head as I made my way down Hope to the Central Library. The elevator took me down to floor four. Several homeless were exiting the bathroom. I ordered a microfilm and returned to the elevator. It is regrettable that many black have no home and that the cops react to fast - but any fool can see why.
    After a Panda lunch this bear made it out of hibernation to look at microfilms of 1937. Yes this is what I just love to do - research the Trojans in the thirties. I had enough energy left to to take the Expo Blue Line to U.S.C. Unlike the Long Beach line I felt safe.
     My sponsor at the U.S.C. library pulled two year books out of their safe and I looked over the pictures before I walked across the campus to the Wilson Building. On the fourth floor I walked to the Daily Trojan that opened at four o'clock.
     I met Jonathon who gave me the papers E mail He seemed a bit reluctant but I was adamant this U.S.C. Paper wrote about my Schindler Story and the great teams of the thirties. Amby Schindler will turn 102 on April 21st and it is necessary to promote the book. He gave me the paper's e mail at multimedia.daily trojan@gmail.com.
  U.S.C is a city within a city. Everyone is smiling, studying and in their own time zone. I returned to the Expo blue that made its way to La Cienega where I departed to take the 705 Vernon Bus to the Pico seven.
   
   
.   

No comments:

Post a Comment