Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Love on the #29 bus.

Needed a few quarters for the bus. My Access card entitles me to bus rides for one quarter. I picked up the #33 a few  blocks from my apartment and rode with the Boat People to Endinger. I crossed the street and entered the Green Market. I just can's live without apples and oranges each day. It cost four and change for the three apples, two oranges, a tomato and a large ginger root. At Ralph's the cost would have cost double  ( The Boat People survived and re-re-rooted in Westminster after the Vietnamese War.) 
   I crossed the street for the number 70 out of Santa Ana that would take me to Whole Foods for my brunch. I sat down on the outside bench and rearranged my veggies and fruit inside my nap sack. Then...a ..I heard a voice...A lady spoke to me from under the bus canape. 
   "Sir, something is loose in the back of your pants." 
    "ah...ah.." I looked and discovered a piece of toilet paper that covered the back pocket. 
    "Thank you...You know at my age you can't be too sure."
   I had the usual at Whole Foods, various greens, artichoke hearts, fig leaves and almond chips. I placed $5.98 cents worth inside the green little box, folded it, and took it to the check out line. Leisurely, I took my time and read some football stuff while I downed the rabbit food bolstered with three, exactly three slices of beacon. 
   Beside the south facing window, my table faced the window. The hot sun felt too good as I got ready for the day at the downtown library. At ten, I packed up and walked to the Stark bus stop. It felt so good to walk with the sun following me. 
   It took over thirty minutes for the 29 bus but who cared. The sun was making love to me. I got on with a toothless lady and a many holding a sports bag. I sat back and enjoyed the view. I still get excited when on a bus. At about Garfield a young girl wearing a colorful sweater and long tinted hair under a cotton scarf not only got on, but sat across from me. 
    Now I have never seen an actual angel but she looked like one. Her head owned large dimpled cheeks with a permanent smile. Her dark eyes said, "take me." Now there was something about her that made me become bashful. I placed back on my sun glasses. 
     Do I know her...where have I seen her before... The bus now made a right on P.C.H. She remained on the bus while I pulled the rip cord.  My stop on First was coming up. She also pulled the the cord that tell the bus driver to stop at the next bus stop. 
     "Might...ah might your name be ah Ana..?" 
      "Yes." She looked right into my eyes with a charm I had never seen before 
      "You look so much happier and are still appealing. 
       Her smile told me that she might be still available. She got off and removed her bike from the rack while I made my way down Orange and the Main Street Library 




   Nuts and Bolts for today: Like the Hurts commercial, I let them do the driving while I fall in love with the scenery 

No comments:

Post a Comment