Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A Bull Shit Super Bowl

I didn't know the shape my brothers Mel would be since his Super Bowl Team, the Rams, never showed up.
   The 29 A bus took  me to the Main Street Exit.  From there, I walked to the street mall and the dollar store. I sorely needed paper towels and a white collar cleanser. But first I would buy my Brother Mel's favorite dinner, a Panda Express Orange Chicken with Chow Men and rice. It felt good to chat with my now happy Brother, who has been given a new chapter in his life.
    For those new to my Blog, the Florida Sea Cliff Health Center is located two miles from downtown between Main and Garfield. Florida Street is known for senior living refuge as several apartments house old people like me.
    After I signed in at the Crow's Next, I waked up the corridor to the third hallway and made a left at Nurses Station Number Four. Outside Mel's Suite 135 I saw a body. On Closer inspection, it was Mel's roommate. He lay on a hospital tram bed and didn't recognize me. It was Bed one's occupant less one hundred pounds.
     Mel was lying in bed two. With nothing to do, he just lays there during the day. I set down my nap sack and umbrella and pulled out a poker chair.
      "Hey Mel, brought you a Panda Express..."
      "That you George,..just what  I wanted...Needed it after that Bull Shit Super Bowl...Give me a minute, just had a hot chocolate and stomach is a bit unsettled."
       Without a struggle, Mel sat up. His hair was unkempt but he smiled
       "That game hat game really depressed me. That Gurney must have been injured And those commercials. Every time out there were many bull shit commercials."
        Mel grabbed a fork and began to shovel the Chinese food into his palate  He smiled.
       "Just what I need...Did the Dodgers make any trades?'
        "Not yet  What have..." 
       Two nurses came into the room and attached bed one to a lift. They settled him in and he asked one to feed him His breathing was heavy and too fast. I knew that he would  be going to the Super Bowl in Heaven with God as his catcher.
        "Aren't these nurses cute?"
         "We look like you one exclaimed."
        "George my teeth are still giving me trouble, they hurt all the time and a dentist told me that they would be pulled soon."
         I went to the Desk Jockey in station four.
         "Can you tell me if Mel is scheduled for a tooth extraction. and does he no longer have a case worker?
         'His insurance does not provide for a case worker...Need to talk to social worker....Been here three years so know what I am doing.
          "Can I see his charts to see what he is being treated for?
     I returned to Mel's room. He needed me to move the last tidbits to the center He had good coordination and his vision was good.
           "Thanks a lot. Still walking and will get a shower on Tuesday. (More to Come.)
           "We are not ready to be transparent, so says the Wax Museum on Florida Street which is located in the Twilight Zone 


       
         "


     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment