Thursday, April 19, 2018

L.A, Grand Central Station


 My stay in West Los Angeles over, the lucky Seven Blue Bus travels east on Pico to the Western Purple Line Station. There I take a long escalator down to the underground and the ticket machines.     Since it was rush hour, I tapped my card and placed a dollar into the second machine, since the first did not work. It was rush hour so the bill of fare would be 75 cents. My dollar was returned so i used the second machine. The second machine provided change for my dollar.  I tapped my card and removed a quarter from the bottom. I tapped my card again on what the turnstile. It opened and I made my way down steps for the train and my ride to the Union Station.  to the Purple Line on Western. 
   The Union train arrived and I took up a seat. Two homeless men were fast asleep.  It felt great not to hear their  rap music, foul language and feel like a pickle inside a jar. The Purple Line arrived at the L.A Grand Central Station. 
   A long stairway and escalator brought me to the main hallway. 
The  left tunnel fourteen and slowly Eac Across from me  top.  I paid thee dollars and seventy five cents for a ticket on the 7:55 Metro-Link train headed for Oceanside, with stops along the way including mine at Buena Park. It felt good to remove myself from the humiliating ride on the Blue Line Long Beach train. 
  
I sat in the waiting area of the Grand Central Station and saw on a large screen that my scheduled ride was on time. I almost bought a L.A. Times newspaper but thought better of it. I had some reading materials in my bag and besides, I am a people watcher.
   A hearty meal and good sleep fostered a vivid imagination. To my right a row over sat a old lady who chewed some candy the way a horse chews oats. Without teeth, she needed to swirl and grind the tid bits of food over and over again. After each swallow, foam would usher from her mouth and her toung would lash back and forth  She spoke rubbish with another lady who sat in the next aisle The words heard most often were godly words. No this wasn't the grand old opra, rather a loud hornest nest.  .
    "Amtrak to Oceanside is now loading on platform nine." While the speaker notified the passengers, the large monitor highlighted the ride and then removed the rides that had been alreadg singnale

No comments:

Post a Comment