Thursday, July 2, 2015

San Diego Motels

I emptied out of the 5 onto Carlsbad Village Drive. Now I could bed down and do some computer work. Lucky I was since the 5 freeway north at San Clemente was blogged down due to an accident. Cars were backed up clear to Camp Pendelton.
   I looked for the Motel Six rates for today and was shocked. To the side the normal full parking lot was empty. Only a few cars remained. I knew something was up - and sure enough the man at the desk told me the 99 dollars was not a bluff but a sure thing. Now I figured something in the seventies at least. Then I could afford to go to Keno's for the $2.99 spaghetti or Just Peachy for fruit.
   The Indian at the desk told me they had called management and asked to decrease the price. Hell, last week it was $63 and now this, one hundred dollars. At least I could still have my usual ten minute shower - the hell with rationing water. I wish to get my one hundred and fifteen cents moneys worth.
   One year ago with Comic Com, the Y.M.C.A. charged $300 for one little cubicle, The new owners had promised to keep the rates humane but once they got the keys to the grand hotel, it was "Fly me to the Moon." Hopefully what goes around comes around and these Motel Six Texas bigwigs will get theirs.
  Yes, you never know what a motel will charge. It is day-to-day so book in advance and get a confirmation number along with a name. But the Ass-holes at Motel Six in Texas don't sit alone with their tomahawks. Yes, it is follow the leader. But don't dismay, there is always the rest stop outside of Oceanside that is free.
Never drive into San Diego - that is if you can get there. I would  by-pass the Motel Six and others and leave my car in Oceanside's Transit Station. It is free and get a motel somewhere else. The motel owners care only about the share holders.  and not the middle class that has to
 

No comments:

Post a Comment