Saturday, August 9, 2014

La Jolla Village

The prospects of moving made me on edge. Anytime I moved anywhere, my nerves got the better of me. I told Sam the Taxi man to wait till next week. We were going to write about Titanic, filmed in Rosarito Beach. Yet I needed a time out yesterday for clean air.
   After a visit to the Scripps Mercy's Hospital for my grilled spinach fix with scrambled eggs. I thought about a lazy day watching a movie in La Jolla. I read the New York Times and left for the La Jolla Village Shopping Center off of the Five Freeway.
   After a few left turns I parked my car in front of Chase Bank. A blue disabled parking spot made me feel safe no ticket would be mine Instead of walking across the street, I thought about plopping down inside the Whole Foods Market. My lungs needed to wash the film of filth from San Diego air. And was I in for a surprise. 
   Whole Foods was a City within a City. My eyes lit up when I saw few tending bar to my right with a tavern next to it. Table and seats had several drinking one or the thirty types of ale. A large deli was set up to the left of it, but what struck me eyes were the lavish assortment at the salad bar of all salad bars. 
   I sat down to read about The Duchess of Windsor by Charles Highham. After thirty minutes, I decided to partake in the luscious salad bowls in front of me. My body needed greens and this treasure trove of vegetables would not be denied. So what if it was $8.44 a pound, this was my day to relax and a few dollars was worth it. 
  My body jumped with ecstasy with each bite. Good food and whole air was what I needed most. I drank four paper cups of delicious water. The gals kept streaming in. They all looked to be out of Glamour or Vogue magazines. I guess at soon-to-be seventy five I missed my calling.  Alive again, I sauntered over to the Landmark movie house at 2 o'clock. Anything goes today George. I settled for a Woody Allen movie and a seven dollar bag of pop corn. The plot was narrow but the music of the twenties filled my mind. I sang after the movie. 
  I took a dancing lesson later on and slept like a baby that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment