Saturday, October 5, 2013

The New San Diego Central Library

     Late Thursday afternoon, I desired to visit the new San Diego downtown library. I had heard so much about it so I mounted the 901 for the new building. Using my compass card, the bus took me straight to the library on Park Blvd.
    I walked a few feet to my left and saw a group of people waiting for a tour. I just could not wait for a tour. wished to use the computers immediately. Two other lines formed on the first floor for those needing a library card. I had misplaced mine a few months earlier so could not use a computer. I asked an employee about any time restrictions about the new machines.
   "You can use them for only one hour a day." It takes my own computer engine one hour just to warm up so I knew, for the time being, I would be going to the Coronado Library to finish my football story and write more posts to my Blog.

   A view of the Harbor and its Coronado Bridge could be viewed from almost anywhere inside the new edifice. Quiet study areas were everywhere and on the third floor was an open stack periodicals that beckoned me to open them.
   Since I am writing about the thirties, I read a few articles about Joe Stalin and a mustached Hitler before filing out of the place. I knew the treasure trove of magazines would add to my stories I am currently writing.

  I found out a coffee shop down below would heat my engines on a later date as I filed out of the new building and walked on Tenth Avenue up towards Broadway. Another bus, the 992 also dropped passengers off at the Library at 333 Park Blvd.I stopped in at the Market Outlet to buy a few staples for lower prices than at Ralph's.

  Several flashbacks of he scenic library soften the memory or the San Diego Padres baseball season. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment