Tuesday, October 1, 2013

San Diego Counsel meeting

  Today I desired to take it easy. My car has been in dry dock for eleven days and my own tires are worn thin-I mean my legs. My room at the Y-as always- was suffocating. My lungs needed a breather so I left the cell at five o'clock for fresh air at "Lindy" field. One hour there opened up my air waves. Today I would attend San Diego's Counsel meeting on C street.
   I arrived a bit late and knew the routine. I removed everything but my pants and the ex-ray machine let me in. Oh my, another catastrophe. First our government shut down, and now the elevators are on the blink. Several members were missing, among them was Gloria, the substitute mayor. That was the name of my ex girl friend who called me "boring and ugly".
  
  I didn't need to use my puffer once. The clean air at Lindbergh Field and the City Hall made my bronchial tubes jump for joy. I arrived early to remove myself from the morning San Diego street scene. Too many homeless families wandered around the city.  Homelessness was now pervasive in San Diego.
   I entered the counsel auditorium, and found a folding seat in the left front. I needed my right eye to get all the work today. What  did not work was our Washington Capital and the city elevator. It was on the blink for a few minutes.
  Wow, are they lucky!! They breathe clean air. I got a chance to speak about the number one problem in San Diego. The two wall TV's advertised San Diego as "being the finest city in America."
  "The only thing stopping San Diego from becoming the finest is the its poor air quality. With the high pollen count along with bad ozone, it drives everyone to Starbucks for air. The older hotels don't allow air conditioners causing trips to the emergency rooms.  I have a cranky outdated fan instead of air conditioning. We need to prepare for the Balboa Park's one hundred year anniversary."
   Few of the Counsel members were listening. The hottest topic were the salary raises for San Diego Police, Fire, and other employees. It seemed the raises were for five years and not open for re-negotiation. One speaker kept telling Member Sherman "He blew this one!"  Another hot topic was the billions of dollars that would be needed for city pensions in the future.
  
   Two well dressed public speakers seemed more in tune with the Cities real problems. One mentioned the "Police are leaving at a high rate and taking early retirement. Many quit after only four years." 
   Now I thought if San Diego is the finest city in America, why are so many policeman quitting the force. The same crusty well spoken gentlemen kept jabbing at Counsel man Sherman. I felt sorry for him.
   Several speakers spoke for a pot smoking ordinance. It had been taken up before and now those growing pot are being picked up and placed in jail for a felony-even if they agree with Federal Law. (In my case, my daughter had stayed alive and been able to eat because of marijuana... She suffers from Anorexia and TMJ. An un-diagnosed case of dyslexia was the main cause of her stress.)
  A beautiful young lady made the biggest impression on me. Her darting dark expressive eyes penetrated the souls of everyone in the audience.
   "I served two tours for a total of six years. I suffered from the exposure of radiation. Now I desperately need cannabis to eat and stay alive."
   
   San Diego is without a doubt beautiful. In fact it displays a different Victoria's Secret every day. Yet for me, give me a gal with class without all the glitz.

  
 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment