Friday, March 29, 2013

The compass card for Seniors

It is better than a day's pass to Disneyland.  It is the San Diego Compass card. The plastic wallet size card needs just a tap, and you can ride the sights and sounds of San Diego. 
   Take a bus, trolley, train...It is all the same. For forty one dollars--it is just the ticket for  La Jolla, Old Town, Del Mar, or Balboa Park and other Venues. 
. Not a day goes by that I don't see something different. The Coaster train links up to the buses, trolleys and sprinters in North County and San Diego. There is nothing like it...Today I needed to go to my car parked in Old Town. 
   The compass card directs me to a different venue each day.  When I need to edit my football story, I take the number 922 bus to the San Diego airport. The 901 takes me to Coronado Bridge where I have a view of the skyline in San Diego. The number seven bus takes me to Balboa Park. To relax I jump on the 901. It waltzes over the bridge and to visit the Coronado Hotel or their friendly library. 

I read, compose, eat and view the scenery with my monthly pass. You are allowed to drink on the Coaster train. Try not to go on it when the San Diego Padres are in town. The young crowd can be unruly. The best news is it makes you walk. I take a nap sack and a bag lunch whenever I go on it. I take a bag of nuts and fruit everywhere I go.

You can purchase the card at any Albertson's Market. Make sure to keep you receipt and to tap the card on a machine any time you are going on another tour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment