Friday, March 22, 2013

Parking in San Diego

Wednesday morning, I walked to my car and saw the color yellow on my windshield. It meant my third parking ticket in San Diego. The sign on the street stated: two hour parking from eight to six o'clock. There was no mention of a Wednesday Street cleaning....That evening, I decided to park my car at the Old Town commuter parking lot. It allows for free parking for a twenty four hour period.
   The message is clear. Never park on San Diego, unless you have no choice.  The meter maids are like the German Gestapo. Now my car is sequestered the Encinitas commuter train parking area, and I can leave it there for a day or two. I take the commuter train, the Coaster into San Diego almost every day. I can read, look at the changing scenery and relax.
    No longer do I need to spend money on gas, time, or look for a parking  spot in San Diego. My compas card allows me to go on every means of transportation for forty one dollars and twenty five cents every month. The card is the best thing San Diego has to offer for those who wish to relax and leave the driving to buses, trains, and trolleys.  (You need to be 62 years young to buy he card or have a disability.)
  So don't let the meter maids wipe your purses clean due to ever-ending San Diego street cleaning. Each street has mornings with the street cleaner and meter maids come out of their shell to pick your pockets. So Park it and allow the conductors on Coaster trains to do the drivng. It will provide more energy for  your vacation in beautiful San Diego. You can also breathe clean air on the trains and not suffocate on the fumes of other cars. Driving into San Diego can ruin your day.

  The good news about parking in commuter lots is it forces you to walk, talk, and see the beauty in San Diego. Those who must park downtown, it is free after six o'clock on Saturday evening until Monday morning at eight. I drive it to the city only when I need to. Sometimes I take advantage of the $10 all weekend fee to go on the Metro Link on my way to Los Angeles. I can sleep, read, speak or simply think about my next trip to England. I wish to revisit Dickens' country.

No comments:

Post a Comment