Friday, March 22, 2013

Ballroom Dancing in San Diego

My Mom gave me Arthur Murry dancing lesson at thirteen years of age. Those dancing lessons have provided me with womenm music and exercize without needing Twenty four hour fitness...Unfortunatly, there are only a few places to go to for ballroom dancing in San Diego.

Currently, the Moonlight Sonada's nineteenth piece orchestra plays every Thursday in the San Diego area. They play this month at the Taango Del Rey in Pacific Beach. I will take Balboa lessons there this Sunday. Also on the weekends I sometimes go to the Town and Country for dancing. It may be only a trio and singer, but it is a great place for a dance or two. 

The Balboa Bay Club  also offers ballroom dancing almost every other Thursday at one o'clock. They offer refreshments and some great piano playing by me, George, before the event...When without my car, I take the number seven bus to Balboa Park. I bag a lunch and enjoy the Rose Garden and many cactus plants. I then walk to the senior center for coffee or to socialize with othe old timers. like me.

You can visit the Airospace Museum or the Hall of Champions. They are across the way from the Bay Club Ballroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment