Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Assaulted in the Beverly Hills Library

Feeling quite good at not quite eighty years old, I waltzed down Beverly Drive on the 27th of February. A crisp beautiful morning greeted me, and why not says I, think I'll dip into Nate N Al's for a bowl of Matzo Ball soup It was eight o'clock and the Beverly Hills Library would open at nine thirty - my destination.
   As usual, I had visited my God Daughter Li'l Nell for a few days inside Beverly Wood. Unlike her Mom Karen, I loved reading to her. I had checked out a children's book Poops from the Roxbury Senior Center Library for Children. She grabbed the book from me and began to read it herself, mimicking me. She is my energy bar.
    Nate and Al's was half busy as I motioned to the corner seat in the back, and the hostess smiled and waved me on. A mother with her child sat next to me. She must have had an enormous appetite as she ordered everything on the menu. While her daughter peered   out on Beverly Drive,  she watched something on her smart phone. The assistant waiter came my way.
     "Would you like some coffee?"
      "No, but thanks. Would like some pickles though," My grandma Goldberg always had a pickle barrel outside at her Holt address. We celebrated the Sabbath in those days of yesteryear. She was one hell of a cook.
    I took out my book about Lore Nelson and Trafalgar and began to read it. The noise from the smart phone bothered me so I turned the maiden next to me.
    "What you watching?"
     "The Trump hearing. My God, he is in real trouble now...Do you wish to know what the inquiry uncovered?"
     "No, I am an historian and have studied how Hitler came to power. But thanks. Here is a card about a famous U.S.C. football player.
   She thanked me and began to look the name of Schindler up. The waiter came to my table.
    "Sorry, need a menu?"
     "No, know what I want. A bowl of Matzo Ball soup and a couple of toasted rye breads."
   
The food was served up a few minutes later. I took my time to butter up my toast and put lathers of packaged jelly over the butter. I then mangled and tore up the toast in my mouth until ready to swallow. Not having any upper teeth make it hared to swallow...and it you think it is hard on me just think of the trouble my teeth need to go through.

I paid the ten dollar bill and left two for the server. I felt satisfied and enjoyed the ambiance of Little Santa Monica  until I arrived at the sanctuary, the Beverly Hills Library. I went to the computers and took the  the corner one. All alone now, I never felt so good. I took out a cord that would allow me to download pictures from my cell phone....and then all hell broke loose 
   Somebody sat nest to me, made noise like an laughing elephant and banged the keyboard. <u serenity unhinged, I took my nap sack to a computer far away from the idiot who stole my mood and serenity. I felt assaulted 
   My concentration now was altered but with the held of Juan from the computer office, I was able to download pictures from my cell phone. Tired and upset, i left the library and trickled down Crescent Drive towards Whole Foods  It was then that I discovered that my back up inhaler was gone.
   I turned my nap sack upside down...but I could not find the Qbar inhaler. With a little bit of luck I did not need to use it while in Los Angels




 

No comments:

Post a Comment