Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

In the last blog, I had been assaulted at the Beverly Hills Library and somehow, misplaced my Qbar inhaler. I made it back to my apartment in Surf City on a Thursday. I was mad as hell since not only did I not have my medication, but without it, my life was in His hands. The next morning, I cabbed it to the Beach Kaiser. At the pickup window, a pharmacist told me it was not ready...and it would cost one hundred dollars for a refill.  Now one on a strict budget knew that this medication, was a must -- even if I would have to remove the Franklin from my budget.
   "When can I reorder this medication without the stiff penalty of a one hundred dollar co-pay?
    "Ah, don't know...you can pick it up in ten minutes." I saw my name on the screen and went to window one to pick it up. Supervisor Tran (not his name) was helping another patron.
     "I asked the new pharmacist the same question without any answer. I wished to know when I could refill the Qbar...no big deal but here it was. I asked the supervising pharmacist the same quetion and told Tran that we should go to his office in the rear.
     I asked the supervisor the same question and why did the price double on me.
     "Don't know...ask membership maybe they do!"
     We interrupted each and he  began to stammer. He kept on repeating me. He refused to sign a paper as to the one hundred dollar amount. I had trouble communicating with him since most Vietnamese treat English as their second language.
       "Are you threatening me!"
      I knew he wished me to react but I am not so dumb. I kill with my fingers as you can readily see.
It felt good to become more assertive since I am not quite eighty. Whenever there is bullshit in my life, I tell the opposition to pick it or else. I told Tran that I would see to it that he is fired.

As soon as I left with my two medications, and walked out the door, I saw the number 76  bus on Talbert and decided to go to the Surf City Senior Center. I was in luck and it was a Friday so I had a chance to play their grand piano. A few ladies sat to listen, and one tapped me on the shoulder.
      "Sir, you are real good. Do you play every Friday?...All you need is a tux and I will pay to see you."
      I played a few show melodies like Oh what a Beautiful Morning and my mood changed  It flet good taking two buses home but by that time I was all worn out. . 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment