Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Peach Tree Grows in Surf City

At the bus stop next to the Waterfront Hilton on P.C.H lives a peach tree. No matter how I feel, it has become my best friend.
   Up until lately one could barely see my peachy tree, hidden by tall Palms are no longer. The tree barely visible sat with me while I waited for the #25 to take me to the library or the Senior Center. Last year, it cried since it produced only fruit, that never ripened. But oh my, have things change. Now its arms can be seen growing westward -- as the sun goes down in the west. No longer hidden by the large palm branches, it now can produce a juicy crop of peaches.
   A scientist once said that life is all about matter. There are good ones and bad ones. I climbed the stairs of the Waterfront Hilton and set down my bag. I felt tired after undergoing some grave issues in a conference at the Sea Cliff Health Center and a meeting with staff there.
   "The usual, a strawberry smoothie."
    Where you been, missed you this morning.
     Had another matter to attend to...charge me for a Times also...Thanks
     To relax my mind, I looked out the glass door and thanked God I didn't need to hear about floods, fires, and Trump putting mud in everyone's eye. I wondered if Mel would survive this winter as the flu season is the worst ever.
     It took a little to long to pick up a prescription at Kaiser as everyone asked about the mechanics of a spray for breathing. The gal next to me screamed, "Had it now for two weeks, so where is my medication?" My order had not been processed since yesterday but a supervisor did me a favor by calling my doctor and processing my prescription .
     A bus, a little late, took me to the street mall close to the Sea Cliff. I had a meeting with staff members scheduled for one twenty five. Mel could not get out of bed, even when I announced a Panda Express with Orange chicken.
     Inside the family room we had our meeting, including the ombudsman for that home. Rather than give you a blow by blow since it is flu season, I can mention that these members held their breath when I confessed that a certain doctor had billed Medical for thousands of dollars and Mel had never seen him.
     "His name is Stanley. Must have used his Practicing Nurse instead of visiting him."
      "Know the doctor...every month he goes on another trip...No wonder that Medical is in trouble. Looks like doctors pad their bills...Even though he bills them for three or four hundred, Medical authorizes only a hundred for payment."
      "That much...Wow!" That was Barbara, the Ombudsman.
       "And why has his brain cancer been treated?"
        "Who told you that?"
       " A nurse."
        The social worker told me that only doctors could diagnose the problem. The lady with his files expressed in broken English barely audible that there was no indication of any ear problem in his files.
         "Got to be a cover up of mal practice." 
          "By the way, Mel is scheduled to have his ear worked on Tomorrow."
          "Can't make it. Got to be in L.A."

It was now three thirty and my number one bus would come at three fifty. The smoothie was what I needed to energize the walk to the bus stop...It stopped and inside stumbled across many black and grey beards, barely alive...no doubt headed for the Santa Ana river or some other shelter. I got off at Magnolia and sauntered over to where a high school team had been practicing. 
    As you can see, I had a peachy day.


P.S. for those with kids, have them draw a peach tree and include inside blog.
     
     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment