Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Blue Monday in Surf City

"You are George, aren't you?"
 I opened the back door of the yellow cab and took a seat.
 "Yes I am George. Good morning."
 I handed the four dollar access fee to him and we headed for the Whole Foods in Huntington Beach. I clipped on my seat belt and chatted with Mario. We laughed the whole way to the market.
   "Didn't know you had a T.V. There is a picture of the MS-13 gang inside a Salvador prison."
   "George, the FBI rounds  up anyone looking like a gang member and ships them off to Salvador."
    "Hey Mario, why not show X-rated movies on the T.V."
    "The old timers would not like it. Like the way you enjoy life George."
     The Yellow cap made several turns until Edinger came up when he made a right and then left into the Bella Terra parking lot.
      "Buenos Diaz and mucho gracias."
I had a small breakfast and at nine o'clock walked to the Bank of America. Needed to pad my friends account with a few dollars. As usual, I walked up to the cage and handed the teller a few hundreds to be deposited in her account.
      "Sorry, we no longer deposit cash into our accounts, that is unless you have an account with us.  The Federal government no longer allow it." I didn't make any headway with the teller but the manager told me she would allow me to place a Franklin into my friends account."
        "You must obtain a money order and then we can deposit any amount in a home account."
The manager allowed me to make a cash deposit into my friends account and I left to wait for the #29 to take me to the Waterfront Hilton off of P.C.H.

On a clear day one can see Catalina and smell the salty beach air --  that is if there is an on shore flow. The bus stop is next to the hotel. The three dollar large roasted coffee is just what I need, especially after I dunk a few jars of honey and half an half inside the large cup. I then gaze out the front door window at the beach scene.
    Today I have only a few minutes until the #25 bus picks me up for a trip to the Senior Center. I don't go for food but for laughs My table sits in the back. After I sign in, I see my buddy Rick at the table but there is a table setting for another.
     "Need a transmission for my van. Need seventy five dollars."
      "Where you been...been away for several weeks now."
       "Vegas to see my daughter. She passed the medical exam and is a doctor"
       Why doesn't she lend you the money?
        She does not have any.
It was then I looked up and saw an old grey hair lady looking at me  Since my sponsor told me to be nice to anyone, I introduced myself and Rick to her.
        Name is Joan.
        Born here is Huntington
        No from Lincoln Nebraska...moved here with my husband several years ago.
        Why?
         Mom was a controlling bitch...She would have broken up my marriage.
         Have kids?
         Three but don't speak to them...They are out of my will...Got a bag of tangerines from my tree...Got a place for them.
          Sure
          Got to go now. My husband has Alzheimers, has had it for six years.
          They severe looking grew hair lady left with her empty bag now. I took out a tangerine and felt pleased that I afforded her time to talk. I then crossed Golden West and went to the library to ready myself for tomorrows date with a computer man. He would help me make a computer.


       
     
     




No comments:

Post a Comment