Saturday, February 14, 2015

Nuts and Bolts from San Diego

I left the Motel Six today. In no way could I compete with the new price at the Mission Valley's location. They wanted over one hundred dollars and I found out their rates changed day-to-day. Looks like tonight  I'll be taking the  nine o'clock Amtrak for Los Angeles and sleep in the back bedroom on Pico. At least I will have a roof over my head during the five day heat wave when dust. pollen and ozone kick San Diego in the pants. 
   Besides removing the street cars for cars in the fifties, the other horror is that the Latinos who rule the Motel Six don't even know who are second president is. One gal could not even tell me the name of our first president. 
   It is no wonder that many kids opt for private or charter schools, who wouldn't. Many Latinos speak some English but can't understand it. In fact, inside the California Room, one gal can't help with our Ancestor.Com because of this problem. No doubt she had been hired to placate the Mexican population in San Diego. 
   A couple of days ago, my blog expressed my anger that there is only one toilet for each level of the Library. The homeless take care of all of their needs placing their diseases on the toilet bowls and also the keyboards of the library. 
   On the ninth floor, the doors open and close constantly leaving the outside air inside rather than outside. Yet I have found the quality of air even worse in the North County area built below the freeway. Why I have heard cars belch their fumes for three or four hours during the morning or afternoon rush hours. Of course the reason for obesity is sitting behind the wheel drinking a Starbucks' Mocha or blended. 
Just for today and maybe tomorrow, it would be great to have three-day-work weeks and provide free parking inside the city for electric cars. The ding-bats at City Hall think that making San Diego a Green City - hey who are they kidding. Now they are voting for a Ferris Wheel in the Harbor area. 

In the twenties, San Diego truly was a magnificent city. Today it is a monstrosity with high rises and amusements everywhere. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment