Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lindbergh Field Revisited

"Are you kidding me? Two hundred and fifty dollars to fly Alaska to Portland, Oregon. Why that's highway robbery! I am going to rail it to Portland for $120 dollars one way." 
    Last year I could take the Red Eye special to Portland for about half. The airlines are chocking the hell out of us. (I did find out that British costs $800 American dollars to fly one way to our Mother Country.)
     On President's Day, I took a day-off. I rode the Coaster and  visit Lindbergh Field. Some sonsofbitches changed the name to the San Diego International Airport the same way the streets changed to avenues. San Diego City fathers wished to buck up against New York and also own a Fifth Avenue. 
     I took the #922 to the fist terminal. I continued to eat some fruit and work on my story next to the Southwest Artery. Travelers were punching into machines to get their seats on the above airlines. Next to me was a gal who seemed upset. Her Valentine sweetheart had been marooned inside the igloo they called Philly. I listened in to her conversation. 
    "Dear, you can't tell me when your dog-armed flight will take off? What 17 degrees...Well I am going to return to my apartment and call from there. I feel scared. Don't take off until it is safe to do so!" 
    She left and I remained on my seat adjacent to the ticket-seat machines and outside Gates One and Two. I milked my iced-tea and looked up. Two black giants with ear phones came my way towards Southwests boarding. Where is God's name did they come from? Two more came my way, again with ear phones wearing jerseys. 
 I stopped these two. 
    "Are you basketball players?"  "Yes, we are and we are going to New Mexico." I saw they wore the San Diego State logo. I took their pictures and continued with my editing. A minute later I saw a grey-haired man. He looked old, like me.
    "Might your name, sir, be Fisher, the famous coach?" He smiled and stopped for a picture. I gave him my card and he continued onto Gate One or Two. 

Of course twenties produced not more Tuna and Honey than any-other city but also pure clean air. Now Mr Clean has turned to Mr. Dirty. San Diego has the foulest air in the country thanks to City Counsel members who wish to make a name for themselves...I am told that the city is now thinking about locating a football field downtown, and even a Harbor Ferris-wheel.
   Well I say this to the San Diego City Counsel. " 
Get off your ass-holes and get the homeless off the streets and into safe hotels. God will kick your butts to kingdom-com. The students in your high schools don't know who the second president of the United States was...And that is no Joke...And while you are at it, why not have a Jewish Day in San Diego to celebrate those Jews who made a difference. 

 Nuts and Bolts: Just for today, greet those in back of you with a 'hello, and how ya doing?" It is time to remove smart phones and learn to love people. (Photos to come...not edited yet.)

  
    
    
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment