Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Tip Top restaurant

"Mam...I prefer to be called 'sweety or sir' is you please. Only maidens over sixty may call me sweaty. Since I am 75 years of age, I deserve to be called  I believe my  I think my 75 years on earth deserves more respect.  Only my two  daughters and those I bed down with have permission to call me any name they wish, but not waitresses.  
   "I apologize. We are in the habit of calling old people 'Sweetie'. Are you ready to order?"
   "Yes, I want what I had yesterday.  sweaty. Let's see. Give me toast, hard boiled eggs, hash browns and the turkey bacon. Thank you." 
    It costs only a bit less than eight dollars with tip, but the cost is within my budget. Today would be festive like any-other-day. My Rabbis words two years back told his congregation to treat each day like it would be your last...And I sure do. Today from the Carlsbad train station,  I would hop on the 11:10 going north to San Diego's Santa Fe Station.
    I love to read, write, speak, and devour the beautiful scenery after a good rain. And with my Compass card it is free. The monthly pass cost seniors forty one dollars and a quarter. I am miserable if I don't train or bus it each day.My breakfast would begin my day before heading to the Carlsbad downtown library. 
    Across the street from the  Motel Six is the Carlsbad Tip Top restaurant. I need to get my Schindler story readied for publication on Kindle, in hopes that St. Nick would arrive with a publisher.
   After breakfast I drive to the Carlsbad library and read the L.A Times before sitting on a computer. Would you believe that Obama wishes Sony to apologize to North Korea., and their humpty-dumpty dictator. Since when has this puppet become my father.  And why does our so-called- president wish to become friends with Cuba. Has he forgotten our bill of rights? I may be only seventy five, but bet your ass I am smarter than this guy in Washington.
   To use his own words, 'The fact of the matter is that he never would have made it as President if he had not promised citizenship to illegals. Yes he is a great speaker but ethically, he rivals Pinocchio on a bad day. 
    Obama reminds me  my Mom when I was a toddler. "George, now wipe your ass real good and wear nice clean underwear." It is time for Obama to learn to listen and keep his mouth shut for the next two years. On a more pleasant thought, the Xmas tree lot next to my motel did a humming business selling its trees.

   Tomorrow night I take waltz and Western Two Step lessons at the Balboa Bay Club. My passion is dancing, piano playing, and taking long cold showers.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment