Friday, July 18, 2014

Dancing San Diego with George

Even before spring came along, my brother-in-law played Chopin or Mozart music inside their humble Belmont Shores abode. Still a fetus, Olivia got the message. Yes music massages our souls.
   Now my ex-girl friend only dated me cause I could play the piano. Otherwise I bored her. Dementia began to take over her life, but the sound of my piano stalled the Big A.  Yet I have gone one step further, I mix music with dancing and that makes all the difference.
   Wednesday, I parked my car in back of Napa Auto parts. I had gone there a week ago to buy a motor for my driver-side window. In the rear, I heard music and remembered the dancing club met there every Wednesday between one and three o'clock. Like always, I fell in love with a lovely blue-eyed, grey-haired blond. Yes blond.
    My mind can take the oldies back in time, and make a teenager out of them. That is what a great imagination will do for you. Case in point was Lily, a bird from Surrey, England. I fell in love as soon as  I felt her warm arm on my chest. But let the story unfold just about the way it happened at the Encinitas' Business Park.
    The music box played Blue Tango. I had already paid my three dollars and made my way to the side. She was yapping with another one. A crowd of about seventy had arrived. It was the first time I asked this demure damsel to dance. Something about her face told me she would be simply divine.
   "Don't squeeze my hand. Just take at easy with me," I warned her while my eyes danced over her inviting eyes. "Where you from?"
   "I was born in London but have lived here in St. Marcos for over twenty years. Thank you for your  patience." Lily felt good under my arm while I showed her a new move. The Balboa Park dancing lessons on the weekends are paying dividends.
    "Let's go to the other room for a drink.. Are you married?"
    "Been divorced for seventeen years...But I do have a boy friend."
   We continued to dance and the way she eyed me over, I knew my lunch box now included Lilly from Surrey England. But I was not in a hurry.
    "Can I drive you.?" She responded that her girl friend would drive her home. "But I will be coming to the  Encinitas Senior Center on Friday. 

  Yesterday, the sound of music again  returned to my life. And By-God did I ever need music. I had just been fitted with an upper plate for my mouth, and it felt good to smile again without revealing the Sahara desert to everyone. Across from me on the five twenty Coaster was OB Mary. She surfs and lives in Ocean Beach and commutes to Palomar College every-other-day.
   "How are things going Maria?" She lifted her charming long legs towards me. She wore cut-offs and an eager smile for one so young but not untamed.
    "I have been busy. I am working on a paper that shows the link between music and the mind."
   The train stopped in Solana Beach and over a hundred returned from the Del Mar Track. I took pictures of their long wide brimmed hats. I had never seen so many long beautiful stems in my life. From my side pocket I removed my camera for a few pictures. The pictures will be placed in the blog later on.
     "George, got a great restaurant for you. It is on Newton and Cable Street. You will just love Noodles." She got off and I continued to the old Santa Fe Station.

 Nuts and Bolts for today. There are two late Coaster trains tonight. First post begins at four o'clock. So by the seventh race, Del Mar have a view of the stars in the sky. Again, don't drive. Buses, or trains will return you to your parked car elsewhere. 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment