Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Lindbergh Field , San Diego Part 2

I have always been fond of Urinals.
    The story I enjoyed writing the most was about a urinal inside of  inside Lindbergh Field, now called San Diego International Airport 
   As an asthmatic all of my life, pure air and clean urinals have been a must for me. The 992 bus comes every fifteen minutes and stops on the corner of Kettner, next to Starbucks and across the street from Bank of Mex-America. Those who cross the border, illegally or not, have chosen this bank since it is slice of America and the tellers speak only Spanish. 
   I sit in my birds eye seat at Starbucks. Outside are shopping carts, bikes, and trash bags filled with cans and bottles. The Blue Line Trolley has just arrived and several passengers from Mexico enter. Many have permits to work as waiters, cooks, baggage handlers, and domestics. 
   At the bus stop everyone rises as the bus has just arrived. I my mocha, hitch on my knapsack and run to the stop. I tap my $42 compass card and find a seat.  The bus continues on Broadway till Harbor and makes a right turn. To the South pier is moored the Midway Aircraft Carrier and the famous fish restaurant. 
   I just love buses The Harbor lights are the most beautiful at the crack of dawn. We pass a cruise ship dock, Anthony's Fish Grotto, and the steamship Berkeley and the old galleon, the Star of India, built in Bristol, England over one hundred years ago. After leaving the head quarters of the Coast Guard, the bus stops at Terminal One and then Two. 
   "Gracias, Buenos Dias. " 
   The bus driver nods as the Airport employees descend. After I get off at Terminal Two, I take the escalator to the second floor. The fresh pure air makes my legs sings with excitement. I order the usual breakfast at Le Salsa and buy a ninety cent senior coffee at Mac Donald's. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment