Thursday, October 11, 2018

Surf City's Number One Barber Shop

Today I needed a lift. As always it is hard to sleep as the invisible poisonous gas pour into my room via the AC.  I took a sleeping pill to quell evil thoughts and put  myself into a deep slumber  In the morning, I thought about getting a filter for the matchbox mildew Beach Nut Apartments. Surrounded by fir trees. it is dangerous to walk outside during a hefty wind - as the pollen can be seen everywhere. It is terrifying when death is one breath-away.  
   Lander's Barber shop, to the northwest corner of the Bella Terra Shopping Center would be my first stop today. The number 70 dropped me off a block from the railroad tracks and I crossed Gothard and made my way to the Barber shop. It felt good to move my legs and when I entered Jack was waiting for me. I took a quick toilet break and sat down. 
   "Jake, your my man. Do what you please. I don't need mirrors as never received a bad cut here. your pickle barrel is one cut above the rest." 
   "Well sir, I will do my best."
    "A girl friend of mine used to call me Robert Redford. but I thought Cathy was wrong. In 1971, I was a lot better looking...Of course he knew how to handle a lady then, I I didn't.  While he went to work, I sat back, and like on a bus, let surgeon do his job. A grey-hair unruly hair sat next to me. he told the head man to "Give me the works." 
   Where you from Jake? 
   Yucaipa, about a one hour and twenty minute drive from here Next to Bernadino. 
    Kiddin me. Why would anyone live so far. 
    Love to ride my cycle and listen to favorite POD. Besides we have a baby that make it hard to relax. Wife works as a manager of Trader Joes in Belmont. 
 I turned and saw a distinguished grey hair next to me Why he got a million dollar haircut. 
   "Sir, you look so good that you could run for the White House in Two Years."
   "Hell no. The elephant in office has soiled the office of the presidency." The head barber laughed. 
   "The jerk does not know when to keep his trap shut. Just put him in this chair and I will cut his tongue out.
   "Do you wish your eye brows cut?" I nodded yes 
    "That will be thirteen dollars."
    "Have change for hundred"

      Top of the word now,  I walked across the court yard to Huntington Beach's Farmers market. I picked out a few grapes and they tasted juicy, more juicy tan the $2.40 variety at Whole Foods and a lot better than the sour ones at Ralph's. A Haas avocado for ninety and four juicy plumbs for ninety cents, corn and several dates topped my basket. All for Five Dollars and sixty six cents .
      The day had just begun. The number 70 bused me to the Transit Station and across the street was Costco. One hour later I was dipping my one dollar hot dog in relish, mustard and gobs of butter It felt great to die eating my favorite after a stop at America's Favorite Barber Shop. 


    

    
    
     
    
    

1 comment:

  1. You can't beat this Farmers Market for is fruit and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete