Thursday, October 18, 2018

Seventh Street Starbucks

Starbucks off Seventh Street begins my day to downtown Los Angeles. From where route Sixty Six ends at the Santa Monica Pier I now arrived at the other end on Seventh Street.
   After a trip from West Los Angeles to Western on the Rapid Blue bus, I paid for a ride on the underground Blue Line Train for Downtown Los Angeles, by loading the card for my seventy cent trip to Seventh Street.
    As usual a heavy stench told me that a homeless one slept across two seats. Countless home in on the Long Beach Blue line without buying any ticket Never are there any police on board for a good reason...they might be killed dong their job.
    "Next stop Vermont Station." My stop on Seventh was next.
     "This stop is Seventh Street. You may transfer to the Exp line or Long Beach line at this station."
    Now on Seventh, I walked west towards Figueroa towards the brand new skyscraper the Korea towers. The bikes in the racks slept as nobody in their right mind will ride a bike downtown. What a waste of money.I sat inside Starbucks savoring each sip of my green tea.
    Just too bad I looked eighty today. Wish my body could be young again like my mind. Nobody paid attention to this old one. Why I had even cut my hair...Wonder how much these men pay for their leather shoes.
    The one rest room was out of order  Of course unlike Santa Monica, Los Angeles can't afford any public restrooms. I took my tea outside and sat by the table. The Santa Ana winds had subsided and it was clear with a just a little chill in the air. I felt invigorated
     It is great to watch the hustle and bustle of these workers Across from me and the Bank of America it read nine o'clock. My stomach spoke. "George, time to get to the 85 store bakery for some delicious treats." I took care of my bladder problem in a inconspicuous way and walked up Seventh two blocks to Hope Street. Another two blocks and not far from where Hope stops at the Central Library I smelled my quarry.
    Inside the glass menagerie was large assortment of muffins, cakes and rolls. Each baked goods was enclosed inside a clean bright glass unit. I took my tongs and selected two chocolate croissants. I had no idea how much the Asians love these treats. I paid a few dollars for my treats and took up a seat in that fronted on Hope Street. Outside a truck pulled up hooked to a wagon that pulled an aluminum stoves.   I took my time with these cakes. I did not need to bite into them...And anyway, I don't have teeth. Each sweet morsel evaporated inside my mouth. I have never tasted anything so tasty.
   I am lucky to be alive to appreciate life like no other.What a shame my eighty year old mind can't share it with a thirty year old body.



Nuts a bolts for today. Your bank account may be empty, but your mind might be richer than anything held in any bank.
   
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment