Thursday, August 31, 2017

Surf Cities Sea Cliff Health Center

The Waterfront Hilton is where my story begins.  I place my knap sack down and enter Starbuck's, not to kill a whale as in Moby Dick,  but to energize my body. By the fountain, two Mexicans rub the grind and mold from its bottom. . The manager and several other workers enter for their pick up. It is a daily routine of coffee to remove the cobwebs of sleep.
   Outside the waves are up, way up, as surfers slide up and down to enjoy the waves today. I stir the coffee to allow the honey a chance to permeate it. It is delightful to peer outside and see the large Palms swaying back and forth.  I continue to enjoy my coffee laden with honey, milk and sugar. The surf is up today and many waves crest to eight or higher.
   The best place to keep cool is where the sea meets the sand. I take my back pack and Starbucks drink to the edge of the water and watch two surfers look for the best waves. It is too bad I never learned to surf, but that doesn't stop me from placing my toes in the water.
    Now I am thoroughly relaxed. I can breath. It is too bad that my brother can't be with me, but so far the Sea Cliff Health Center in Huntington Beach have done nothing about his left eye. His eye lid covers the eye and with corrective glass lenses, he can have 20/20 vision out of that eye.
     Also, Mel was not taken to the eye doctor for his shot and forgotten when they were supposed to have a party last week on Friday. I call this place the House of Wax. Nobody seems to know what the others are doing. Most of the staff behave like manikins.
     What is needed is a computerized system to better make decisions. We don't know what all of these thirteen pills are for and who and for what they are for. When Mel was ambulance d here last October, nobody knew what his real problem. A Dr.Craig called me after he had been discharged to let me know he had a grave eat infection and that he was blind. At least one of the four doctors should have seen that all he needed was an eye lift. And later a Nurse told me he had brain cancer.
     Mel is not blind and did have brain cancer, but it may take an Act of God to give him this. In the meantime, he is depressed and sorely wishes to watch the Dodgers in the World Series.  I have been feeding him for ten months but now getting pooped
  Huntington Beach is socked in today, to I will amble under its pier and stay by the waters edge It is great to be alive at 78 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment