Friday, August 11, 2017

A Surf City Birthday

As always, I showered, put some under arm on, and sprayed a little cologne on my neck. Yes, I felt great when...Excuse me, that was my phone.
  "Shabbat Shalom Lauren, nothing is needed for my birthday. You and your sister did it for me and now I can look over and enjoy my grand children."
  My daughter called to wish me a happy 78th birthday...and it made my day. I ate my hard boiled eggs with Rice Crispy Cereal, cleaned the kitchen and out the door I flew. I caught the #29 bus to the beach and descended at the Waterfront Hilton Hotel. After I climbed the curved steps to the fountain and entered.
   "Take the roasted coffee, the tall." I dripped some honey from two small glass containers and poured milk and a little sugar into my paper cup. I peered out the window and marveled at the ocean view with Jack's and the parking lot in front of it. Two surfers glued onto a wave and were milking the ride.
    I took up a seat at the corner table and looked over my Schindler notes from October of 1936 from the Union Tribune, When a thought entered my excited mind. In San Diego a few years ago, my Rabbi Carlback told a story about a father soon to die.
    "Caleb had born two beautiful daughters and bore grandchildren. His older daughter cried and mentioned that it was 'too bad he would not live to see them marry and bare more children. He responded.
     "My dear, Only God can tell us when our number is up. I produced two seeds that bore two beautiful women and now grand daughters...I will live to see them marry and produce more seeds."
      "He did live another twenty years and even witness the marriage of all his granddaughters."
       "So one sees that from a few seeds, some mighty Oak trees grew and grew and produced more seed.s.
  It was eight fifteen now and my #25 would be picking me up, and take me to the library where I would write this and edited my Schindler story. And oh yes, Sam, the Indian from India has promised to bring a chicken laden with Curry for me for my birthday, so I better hurry up to enjoy the Hawaii them at the Surf City Senior Center

Nuts and Bolts for Today: live today as if it is the second to the last day of your life.
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment