Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Scrooge Lives in Huntington Beach

A Scrooge lives in Surf City, well not quite. The Royale Pacific Assistant Living Community lies about one mile east of Huntington off of Balsa. The owners name is Edward Moslabodsky, a retread Putin's Russia. 
   Before Mel almost died there, he had a case of bed bugs and problems with a psycho fro a local hospital. He was in distress and a few weeks later he folded like a piece of garden furniture put aside for the winter. And that was after he had returned from the Francis Park nursing center inside of Santa Ana. 
   Dr. Ed chief concern was to fill beds and collect fees from Medical and Medicare. Fire trucks and ambulances parked outside the Westminster facility as the ignored were sent most every day to a hospital. 
    Good old Ed gave him and others diets of chiefly chicken, and all types of chicken. seldom was fish on his diet.  About two weeks after Mel had crashed at his center, he was sent to another stingy center named the Sea Cliff Health Center. (Notice that Royal is spelled wrong due to   Dr, Ed's lack of education.) 
   A week into his stay there, Dr. Ed, as he is affectionately called by doctors gave Mel two hundred dollars and a check for about five hundred since he probably felt guilt in his demise there about four months ago. The owners real name is Edward Moslabodsky, a retread manikin born in Russia.
  When Mel arrived at the Wax Museum Nursing Center, a Nurse David told me Dr. Jennings was treating him for brain cancer. He stayed at Unit one's hallway for the first two months. The meager food was barely adequate for my brother Mel and I had to barter the kitchen's chef for more and more meat. Mel has always been a meat eater and hates all vegetables, except beets. 
   About two months ago, Jacob waltzed into the T.V. room exhilarated. I can still remember his words while I watched a Turner movie on channel 25. "Mel is lucky. He will be getting teeth and also a visit from an Eye doctor. And by the way, we are sending him to a better room in the back, much bigger. Sure he will life it. With the smile of a cherub, he left and soon Mel looked upset as he was being uprooted from the first hallway to the back, or Siberia also called the hospice section. He was sent to bed 135 B. ( A week later, Jacob quit.)  
   As Mel survived the meager food rations, I decided to go to Wells Fargo, by bus and not stage, inside the Von's Supermarket on Beach I placed check number five hundred in my wallet and buses my way to the market. 
   As most employees of banks, it took her awhile to understand my King's English so she called the store manager, Hector Hernandez for reinforcements. He had been looking out a window of his branch inside the market and when summoned the large bruit lumbered out and cornered me. 
   "Need to ask a question. Would like to cash this check for my brother Mel who lives inside a nursing home and can't make it here. Would a power of attorney be sufficient to cash the check. also wish to find out if check 7067 is any good." I insisted he replied in writing since no longer do I believe anybody.
     "If you become the (POA) Power of Attorney on your brother's Account you will be able to transact on his behalf. If he doesn't have an Account We cannot negotiate anything even though the check is payable to WF." 
      He left and I walked to the rear for my blood pressure reading. It was high as usual at first, but came down a bit later. I thought about how my relationship wish God had kept me from reacting. I go to the Temple Israel on Warner Avenue.
       By the exit and in front of the Pizza concession I felt empowered and called the Royale Pacific at 714 892-4446.  Angie the manager who barely understood any English told me to hang on while she called Dr. Edward, owner of the corporation." 
        " Social Security told us not to issue the check since Mel owes money to them. Also we have returned all his mail to the sender."
         "But you know where he lives and it was you who lost his driver's license." 
         "You can go to Garden Grove's Social Security." 
Now you know why I call Edward,  Dr. Scrooge. Back in my day, Indian givers were shot for a bounced check, while in England officers sent them to debtors prison until their debt had been paid. But it felt good that I got answers even though I butted heads with one so dump and heartless. 
       My luck got better when I went to Verizon to return my line phone. These scrooges of the phone world wished  members to use their credit cards to pay their bills on line. Also no calls could be made out if you were late in paying. Double billing was prevalent with them. I wiggled them down to $80 from $200 and no doubt I will cost them millions. 
     With the windy rain pelting me on the way to the Bella Terra, I needed a good shot of Adrenalin to calm my embattled nerves. After a brief sojourn at Whole Foods to down a tuna sandwich and get my barrings I wondered to the Navy Store and treated myself to two pairs of jeans.
     It felt proud to have weathered today's storm and let my old pair of Navies to stay inside the trying-out-room. I wished to take advantage of the five dollar movies at the Century Movie House. I had heard about La La Land so I plucked down a bit over five to see the movie. So good was the movie that I hummed the main song while I digested a chicken salad at Costco. 
     Exhilarated by the cold rain and the great musical I took the bus to my stop at Edris and bought some chow mien for my brother. The slop he was forced to eat just didn't satisfy his palate so this supplement was just what he needed to survive the night.  

     Bits and Pieces for today: A father cared for two daughters. He gave each a dollar and took them to the candy counter at a movie house. The youngest bought a Hershey Bar with hers, and the oldest kept hers for a rainy day. Who made the best buy? 
     
         

    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment